Art - Just What I Do

Annie59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In my spare time, if I can find any Not often but I love to draw and paint. I'm not the best but I enjoy it. I just started using color pencils this last summer, here is the first one I completed. Takes forever using pencils though. Painting is much easier. Just thought I would share, any one else like to do art of some sort? Not just painting but any art? If so I would love to see some

yAl6gVA.jpg

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I like that picture!! I have so little artistic ability i am somewhere in the negatives on that scale lol!! My only artistic outlet seems to come out in a few of my fish tanks.

Annie59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thank you! I forgot to add that's a drawing of my dog Brian. He was a pup then of course. Fish tanks also is an art if you ask me!

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Annie59 said:
Thank you! I forgot to add that's a drawing of my dog Brian. He was a pup then of course. Fish tanks also is an art if you ask me!
You named your dog after me lol

Nikki2577

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love that. I think you are great! I am not crafty at all. lol I painted a picture for my mother years ago and it looked a preschool art project.

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Very nice! I love your pup's name. What kind of dog is he? Looks labrador-ish.

I am not artistic in the least, but do find a creative outlet in baking and tanking. I'll brag a little and say that the reef tank, in particular, is quite beautiful. And, here's my best braided loaf so far. I've been doing this for a few years, but the braids usually come out fat and a little misshapen on one end.
braid.jpg

And here's a slightly misshapen 6-strand braided challah loaf.
challah.jpg

Now, neither end is perfect, but this is a classic example of 'fat on one end'.

Annie59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
stella1979 said:

I am not artistic in the least, but do find a creative outlet in baking and tanking. I'll brag a little and say that the reef tank, in particular, is quite beautiful. And, here's my best braided loaf so far. I've been doing this for a few years, but the braids usually come out fat and a little misshapen on one end.
View attachment 499883

View attachment 499884
Omg that looks soooo good! I love bread!
Brian is a chocolate lab

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I LOVE labbies!! Grew up with blacks and yellows. I've never had a chocolate, but hope to one day.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
stella1979 said:

View attachment 499883

View attachment 499884
Stella, that looks so good! I need some of that, bread with sesame seeds is the greatest, one of my favorites.

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Fanatic said:
Stella, that looks so good! I need some of that, bread with sesame seeds is the greatest, one of my favorites.
Mine too! Sesame seeds are where it's at, especially toasted, which is exactly what happens when they're baked with bread. I buy sesame seeds by the pound and keep them preserved in a mason jar in the freezer.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
stella1979 said:
Mine too! Sesame seeds are where it's at, especially toasted, which is exactly what happens when they're baked with bread. I buy sesame seeds by the pound and keep them preserved in a mason jar in the freezer.
Hot toasted sesame seed bagel with cream cheese on it, delicious

@Annie59
I really like your drawings! I recently became an artist and am working on small sketching projects until I become better at it.

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh my Thunder... so beautiful. I LOVE the first 2 in particular. What species is the bird in the holly bush? Lol, birds and I don't get along and I'm uneducated in their particulars, but this doesn't mean I don't like to look. That pic is making me totally jelly of all of y'all with a winter! Is the first one a female mallard? She looks like she has something to say. You have captured a couple of perfect moments there... in my humble opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
stella1979 said:
Oh my Thunder... so beautiful. I LOVE the first 2 in particular. What species is the bird in the holly bush? Lol, birds and I don't get along and I'm uneducated in their particulars, but this doesn't mean I don't like to look. That pic is making me totally jelly of all of y'all with a winter! Is the first one a female mallard? She looks like she has something to say. You have captured a couple of perfect moments there... in my humble opinion. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you stella
The first one is I believe a mallard girl. This shot is from a series I call "The Lady of The Lake" Nod given to Mallory's Mort De Arther.

The second one is a spring robin. The group of them had just arrived and were feeding on the fruit of a holly bush.

Fanatic said:
That duck looks like it's thinking by putting it's finger on it's chin
Thank you Fanatic

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A nod to Mallory... wow, you've really touched my heart Thunder. Lol, I knew I liked you!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom