Arowana + Phone Funny

1. TheCrazyFishGuy

TheCrazyFishGuy Well Known Member Member

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I’ve just had an experience that I never expected. Today, one of my lfs received an arowana that I’d say is around 1.5 feet (I was told that it outgrew it’s previous owner’s tank). Since I had never seen an arowana this size irl, I decided it would be a good idea to take a video of it. As I was taking the video, the arowana proceeded to try to eat my phone. Luckily, the little “swim” my phone took wasn’t enough to noticeably damage it.
    Any of you have an experience like this?

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Nope, because I wouldn't put my phone anywhere near a 1.5 foot aro ;) Cheeky fish!

3. puffer boi

puffer boi Well Known Member Member

do you have the video?

4. OP
    OP
    TheCrazyFishGuy

No, I either didn’t hit the record button, or something got messed up. If I did have the video though I would have posted that too.

5. OP
    OP
    TheCrazyFishGuy

Ok, maybe something did happen to my phone. I keep getting this “No SIM card installed” message and it’s starting to get annoying. Anyone know how to fix this?

6. California L33

California L33 Well Known Member Member

Phone off, put it in in a bowl of _UNCOOKED_ rice, put it in the oven and turn the light on, but keep the oven OFF. Leave it for 24 hours. That'll dry it out and shouldn't damage the phone. If it's a simple short circuit caused by the presence of water that should take care of it. If the water's already zapped something you'll just have a dry zapped phone.

Edit: The oven, with light on, shouldn't get to more than 100 degrees, maybe a bit warmer. You may shorten the battery life of the phone even at this moderate temperature, but probably not too much. Do monitor the temperature with a thermometer. You really don't want it getting much over 100 degrees.

7. OP
    OP
    TheCrazyFishGuy

Let’s hope this works

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted