Arowana In 10000g Pond

1. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

can my arowana go in the pond with kois. All are more than 2 foot long and the arowana is close to 3

2. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

I don't know, how cold does it get there in the winter?

3. OP
    OP
    shiv234

im in the tropics the coldest it gets is 27 degrees

4. OP
    OP
    shiv234

im in the tropics, the coldest is 27 degrees celdius

5. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

It should be fine, but this largely depends on the aggression of the aro; koi literally have 0 defense, and especially against one of the most streamlined predators in the world, they'll be outmatched.

Go ahead and try it out, but keep a very close eye on the koi as well as their numbers for at least a month. This gives the aro enough time time to get comfortable and really decide if he wants to do any funny business or not. And have a backup plan if it does not work out.

6. OP
    OP
    shiv234

t
    he is currently in a 390g. Thats my back up plan. He is basically a big flowerhorn so he is quite angry all the time

7. KinsKicks

Tbh, you are taking a risk if he's very angry/aggressive; especially if your pond is expensive. Although, he *could* change his behavior in a bigger environment. It's good you do have a back up (although, I'd imagine you'd have a really "fun" time trying to fish him back out of it doesn't work out lol)

8. OP
    OP
    shiv234

more than a fun time.....a never ending time, i'd never get him out

9. OP
    OP
    shiv234

i will borrow my uncle 600 gallon plastic tank and put the arowana with 2 kois and see what he does

10. KinsKicks

That's a fair plan. And you guys have giant tanks and space. I'm jealous lol. :)

11. OP
    OP
    shiv234

live in trinidad barrackpore....literally acres of land for sale next to my house

12. KinsKicks

Ohhh. Lucky!! Haha. Your fish must be magnificent. Do you have an Asian arowana by chance? They are so beautiful. I have a silver, the asians are illegal here unfortunately :/

13. OP
    OP
    shiv234

wanted an asian but it was too expensive so i got a cross back golden arowana

14. OP
    OP
    shiv234

or yeah..i forget to tell you he killed the 2 kois so he staying in he aquarium. He was good for the hour then he decided he was hungry

15. KinsKicks

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Poor koi :(. If there's any silver lining, at least you didn't release him in the entire pond. Back to timeout he goes I suppose

16. OP
    OP
    shiv234

yeah..if only he would have behaved himself