Do you own a bird?

• Yes

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
Sabi
HI
Thought i'd make up a thread for all bird owners to share their bird stories and about the birds they own.

bbfeckawitts
I voted yes, I have three budgies and am getting a baby Black Headed caique sometime early this month from a breeder. It is not yet weaned so I do have to wait a litttle longer.

Brianna

SereneReyn
I have a hahn's macaw!

Sabi
SereneReyn
yeah, he talks... he says; hello, that's a good boy, whatchya doin'?, go poo (he's potty trained), he yells my name (just like my husband calls me), he says Geronimo too (his name).... a few other things.

I really love the macaw personality in a little bird tho, he thinks he's the boss.

mostanganyikatank
I keep and breed Budgies, Cocktiels, Pennents Rosellas, Java Sparrows and Owl Finches.
I love my birds, I have kept and bred birds since I was 14 years old and that is 17 years ago (I am starting to get old).

I bought my first house 6 years ago and converten my 30 foot by 15 foot into aviries and a breeding room. It is such a cool hobby !!

Am getting my birds ready for the breeding season which is another 6 weeks away or so because living in Ireland the weather is still a little cold.

The birds are all doing serious chatting each other up at the moment.

I am so looking forward to the breeding season.

mostanganyikatank
Ps my 15 by thirty foot garage. My car sleeps in the driveway because of my birds !!!

Sabi
I keep and breed Budgies, Cocktiels, Pennents Rosellas, Java Sparrows and Owl Finches.
I love my birds, I have kept and bred birds since I was 14 years old and that is 17 years ago (I am starting to get old).

I bought my first house 6 years ago and converted my 30 foot by 15 foot into aviries and a breeding room. It is such a cool hobby !!

Am getting my birds ready for the breeding season which is another 6 weeks away or so because living in Ireland the weather is still a little cold.

The birds are all doing serious chatting each other up at the moment.

I am so looking forward to the breeding season.
Good luck, hope you get young birds!

I just don't seem to be getting it right with bird breeding. Every time they get eggs something happens!!
I really hope my cockatiels and love birds breed now. I'm selling my ringnecks and will be getting a partner for my conure.

jamison
I have a Green Cheek Conure! Just got him on wednesday and absolutely love him! Check him out!

gremlin
I have zebra finches and button quail (aka chinese painted quail). My parents have had birds since before I was born, so I was raised caring for them. We have had parakeets and cockatiels also. I still miss my cockatiel. She was 16 years old when she died from being eggbound (the egg ruptured and caused an infection and she died within a matter of hours). I had hand raised her so she was really my baby.

OzzyFan
I've got a maroon-bellied conure named Terrance.

Narcicius
birds are not for me, they are usually loud, smelly, and messy. not my kinda pet.

Sabi
birds are not for me, they are usually loud, smelly, and messy. not my kinda pet.
Depends. But I get your point.;D

Drea
I wish I could get a Conure, birds are great companions, and are not smelly or dirty unless, not cared for adequately. Their chirp/squalk is their "voice" and allowed to speak, just as other creatures do...

gremlin

that's why I like my zebra finches. they are in an outside aviary so the mess is all outside and very easy to care for. they are small birds and they have a nice soft chatter. Even the button quail are fairly quiet. they do call to each other if they get out of sight of each other. It kind of reminds me of a very quiet cat's meow. kind of a mournful cry...

Annabelle
Lol, mum would often run outside looking for lost kittens when I first got my quail. It was pretty funny. Even parrots don't have to be loud though. I have an Indian Ringneck and a Peach Faced Lovebird and neither of them is very loud unless they are trying to get my attention. If I tell them to stop yelling they talk to me in their quieter voices and then I give them attention. I don't know what I'd do without my babies. Chirpy (Lovebird) has been with me since I was 7 and she is the most affectionate and personality filled companion Ive ever had. Shrek (Ringneck) has the intelligence and understanding level of a toddler which is pretty good and he talks to me. I really can't see myself without at least one bird for the rest of my life.
There are a huge selection of birds out there with very quiet voices anyway. My little Cordon Bleu Waxbills have a very soft and pretty song.

Drea
Like you say Annabelle...the birds use their voices to communicate. My sister's bird ( I can't remember what kind) woke the family up when a fire started in their garage. I love 'em.:-*

Sabi
Lol, mum would often run outside looking for lost kittens when I first got my quail. It was pretty funny. Even parrots don't have to be loud though. I have an Indian Ringneck and a Peach Faced Lovebird and neither of them is very loud unless they are trying to get my attention. If I tell them to stop yelling they talk to me in their quieter voices and then I give them attention. I don't know what I'd do without my babies. Chirpy (Lovebird) has been with me since I was 7 and she is the most affectionate and personality filled companion Ive ever had. Shrek (Ringneck) has the intelligence and understanding level of a toddler which is pretty good and he talks to me. I really can't see myself without at least one bird for the rest of my life.
There are a huge selection of birds out there with very quiet voices anyway. My little Cordon Bleu Waxbills have a very soft and pretty song.
Ringnecks and love birds, both my favorite!

Red wag platy
I wish! I want a cockatiel.

joy613
I have a quaker, Goober. I have had conures, parakeets, canaries, cocktiel, and a senegal. He is the least destructive of the parrots and the most quiet (if any parrot is quiet). He is a messy eater but is pretty well potty trained. He just flew to his cage to go potty lol silly bird.

pinkfloydpuffer
I love birds and think they're really cute, but they are a bit too noisy for me, I prefer my finned friends who don't make noise ;D

gremlin
I love birds and think they're really cute, but they are a bit too noisy for me, I prefer my finned friends who don't make noise ;D

That's why I like my finches. They are relatively quiet, but I still get to watch them.

LuvaBetta
I wish I could get a Conure, birds are great companions, and are not smelly or dirty unless, not cared for adequately. Their chirp/squalk is their "voice" and allowed to speak, just as other creatures do...

Drea, have you heard conure voices? I have a sun conure, and have had a Petz and a Cherryhead. I think that voice could sterilize frogs from 200 yards!

My favorites are the lovebirds. I have 3 peach-faced sweeties collectively known as "the Hug", a white-faced dutch blue, a blue masked and a lutino. We also have an African grey, a female Eclectus, six budgies, and a parrotlet. My sister-in-law has been in the breeding business and we share too much!

Bedraggled
I have four birds. I have a sun conure named Kiwi, a military macaw named Sargent, a blue and gold macaw named Seymore and an african grey named Natasha.

Wilhelm Joshua Tan
used

I used to keep a chicken's chick and a maya bird.

Sabi
Added gloster canary to my collection! Cant wait to hear him sing!

sticky fish
hey there,
I've got 3 zebra finches
2 cockatiels
1 parakeet
1 dove
1 pacific parrotlet

They are all crazy and very cute
I wish they were slightly quieter.

sylvia0225
I have a Dusky Headed Conure (Percy) a MBC (Rosie) Pacific Parrotlets (breeding pair) A Blue Parrotlt (one of their babies) and three Pacific Parrotlet babies that hatched on Sept 20 (2 blue and one green

angelfish220
Do Ducks count, or do you specifically mean inside birdies?

I have a trio of Indian Runner Ducks and two Crested Ducks, and a two Black indies I think that ducks are some of the coolest creatures. I would really like to have some White Calls to but mom wouldn't let me.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Bettaholic
Replies
Views
SwankyThePirate
Replies
Views
GlacialMold
Replies