Are Two Filter better than one?

livetowin
I have a Marineland 200 filter and I also have a Topfin 30 (came with the kit) would be a good idea to put the Topfin30 in as a another filter or keep the Marineland by itself

sapphirebetta
do u have problems with dirty tanks? if u do yes,put the top 30 in if not leave it alone with the 2000

livetowin
no I don't really have a dirty tank I was just wondering because I heard that double the filtration was better depending on the fish

Butterfly
What is the gph(gallons per hour) of each filter. If your putting it on the 29 gallon you need at least 290gph. If using both of them is above your gph requirements you could always run the second one as a spare. Then if you needed it for anything (another tank etc.) it would already be seeded.
Carol

livetowin
The Marineland is 200 GPH so I'm thinking that TopFin is about 125 -100

Butterfly
The Marineland is 200 GPH so I'm thinking that TopFin is about 125 -100
So that means you need both for your tank.
Carol

livetowin
ok but heres the problem the cover is only able to have 1 filter its a Topfin 29 gallon kit from petsmart does petsmart or petco sell covers that are able house 2 filters

COBettaCouple
One option would be to get a glass folding cover and light fixture. Then you could have the length of the tank in the back for filters.

Kayin1470
It's weird that the filter that came with your tank can't handle the size of the tank. are you sure you can't find out the GPH?

livetowin
What I found out is that when you buy a kit that comes with a filter the filter is only able to do what the size of the tank is which causes the filter to work overtime basicly

livetowin
One option would be to get a glass folding cover and light fixture. Then you could have the length of the tank in the back for filters.

Where would be the best place to get one and how much

COBettaCouple
For our 30 gallon long, I ordered at thatfishplace

fishbum
The shipping will probably be $10 or so.But here is another link for a cover.You could also use the light that you already have,and put in on the new cover.More filtration is always better,so if you have 2 filters,I would use both of them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JayH
Replies
Views
RayClem
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views