Are they the Scarlet Pimpernels of the aquatic world?

Nefersmum

I bought 3 amanos 2 / 3 weeks ago and since I added them I've seen them about twice. I like to do a head count periodically to make sure all are accounted for but they are harder to find than a dropped sewing needle. How on earth do you check the welfare of something you rarely see?

John58ford

I have had one that was given to me for about a year now. He can be pretty camouflaged but usually when I feed sinking food he can be seen stealing wafers or pellets from the fish. You could try larger communal sized bottom feeder food. I have seen a set up using a fishing line; you could stick a slice of blanched cucumber in the tank for a few hours, then pull the leftovers out so they don't rot. Allot of people here get great pictures of all the shrimp at the same time using methods like that.

Nefersmum

John58ford said:
I have had one that was given to me for about a year now. He can be pretty camouflaged but usually when I feed sinking food he can be seen stealing wafers or pellets from the fish. You could try larger communal sized bottom feeder food. I have seen a set up using a fishing line you could stick a slice of blanched cucumber in the tank cut a few hours, then pull the leftovers out so they don't rot. Allot of people here get great pictures of all the shrimp at the same time using method like that.
I hadn't thought of using fishing line for the food. I'll give that a go

Latest threads

Top Bottom