Are They Temperate Fish?

Sarah1230ox

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey so i have a cold water tank, the water is usually around 22/33 c. I read online that corys can.live in colder water is this true? As id like to add a few pygmy corys

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thats the lowest end for pygmy cories, its best not to keep fish at the higher or lower ends of their temps, but theyd be alright.

But habrosus corydoras would do good in that range, they're a type of tiny cory. Stay less than an inch and that temp is in the middle of their range.

Sarah1230ox

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It depends on the species. Some species do best in cooler temperature than others.
Thank you.

Thats the lowest end for pygmy cories, its best not to keep fish at the higher or lower ends of their temps, but theyd be alright.

But habrosus corydoras would do good in that range, they're a type of tiny cory. Stay less than an inch and that temp is in the middle of their range.
Ahh okay thanks what about bigger Cory's?

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

Ahh okay thanks what about bigger Cory's?
Whats the tank size?

Peppered cories would do well in that temp too, theyre another cold water cory. And they can get 3 inches (i like mine, theyre surprisingly pretty with blue-green iridescence)

Pandas would do good too, wild caught especially like colder

Bronze and albino bronze like cold.

Others at the borderline for that temp are trilineatus (false julii), emerald, sterbai... but they just meet the minimum so it may be best to consider the others instead.

Sarah1230ox

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Whats the tank size?

Peppered cories would do well in that temp too, theyre another cold water cory. And they can get 3 inches (i like mine, theyre surprisingly pretty with blue-green iridescence)

Pandas would do good too, wild caught especially like colder

Bronze and albino bronze like cold.

Others at the borderline for that temp are trilineatus (false julii), emerald, sterbai... but they just meet the minimum so it may be best to consider the others instead.
135 litres, 31 inches long. Thank you for your help! Oh they are pretty!Gonna go see what my local fish shop have :)

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Definitely too cold for sterbai.
Indeed greet for Peppers, Bronze, albino, pandas, venezuelanus.

Most of my tanks are unheated and drop even further than that.
4a40d08b0bb2b784deefadf194e89d6d.jpg

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Small addition : Pandas and venezuelanus are smaller species than paleatus. So you can get a bigger school in that case.

Current venezuelanus-temp
8b97d1ab0791e95eb98497d8c710e1ae.jpg
b7c5d1a5e06ba636f4e263623c6ceb9c.jpg

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom