Are They Sleeping?

1. Laura Hardy

Laura Hardy New Member Member

Are balloon mollies sleeping when they're laying or swimming very close to the bottom only moving back and forth a tiny tiny bit? Or is there something else going on? I've seen all the ones I have do it occasionally but usually it's at night. Right now I have 2 fish doing it, a female and a male doing it in a different hiding spot. The reason I'm a little concerned is because I've only had these fish about a week and a half and I had one die already. I came down in the morning to feed them and he was stuck to the filter. So I'm not sure what happened but I had seen him doing it a lot. I tried to take a video so you can see what I mean but it won't upload correctly. The tank has been cycled 6 months checked water parameters yesterday they were fine.

2. GettinTanked

GettinTanked Valued Member Member

No other symptoms of concern? Any other fish in this tank?
    I'm not familiar with the behavior of balloon mollies, but I've heard they have a tendency toward health problems.
    What you're seeing is not a good sign, but until you spot more specific symptoms, it would be hard to treat. I would read up on fish symptoms of illness so that you can spot them better, then look out for them.

Update if anything comes up. Good luck!