Are they getting sick or neurotic???

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by drasan, Jan 10, 2013.

1. drasanNew MemberMember

for about 2 weeks 2 guppies & 2 mollies are bouncing off objects in my tank. There are NO spots on them, they're all eating good & swimming fine. Had tank since nov (55 Gallon) rushed the cycle so i had to do water changes every other day. But for 3 weeks levels are all perfect. Should i crank up the heat add salt or just wait & see.

2. bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

just wait and see imo. if its ich it will show up soon, if you dont see any in the next 5 days or so then its prob not ich. go ahead and do lots of water changes to keep the tank extra clean. if there still rubbing but no ich it might be internal parasites and we can go from there. let us know if anything changes and we can move forward sooner if necessary.

3. JDcichlidloverWell Known MemberMember

salt isn't a good idea. it'll aggrivate their gills. if you're really worried about ich I would up the heat. its not going to hurt in any case. just remember to do it slowly. a degree or two per hr. top out at 86 degrees.

4. bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

thats not exactly true.... if you up the heat and it turns out to be the start of fungus you will end up helping the fungus to grow. that is why its best to wait to be sure.

5. drasanNew MemberMember

thanks I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing & hope for the best.

6. bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

yes i think its best to wait 5 days. if its ich it will show soon.

if it doesnt show soon then i would tend to think internal parasites. if this is the case you can get some prazipro and treat with that. many have used it with good results.

until then you can soak your foods in garlic. fresh garlic or seachem's garlic guard. garlic helps to boost the fish immune system.

also feeding good foods is always good, i love new life spectrum foods. they have good flakes and great pellets for all sizes of fish.

fish protector and vita chem are some great things that can help keep fish healthy also.

7. drasanNew MemberMember

8. bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

Good variety but I would get some pellets they are much better then flakes. Also I'd get some frozen foods instead of freeze dried also much better and the fish will like them much more. I feed frozen blood worms, brine shrimp and beef heart.

9. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Did you check for Flukes or Velvet?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice