Are These The Same Filter???

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by ToRo, Apr 23, 2017.

1. ToRoValued MemberMember

Are AquaClear and Fluval Aqua Clear the same? I am trying to buy a Aqua Clear 20 and can only find Fluval Aqua Clear in that size. Could it just be that I need to order it online?

2. AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

I found 2 different ones

3. TwoHedWlfWell Known MemberMember

Hagen owns Fluval and Aquaclear, Not sure why they've decided to brand them as fluval aquaclear though.

4. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Yes they are the same.

Hagen is a big company that spreads out across many different pet supplies. They bought Fluval, but Fluval is basically on its own if you understand what I mean. It is like how Lexis is a branch from Toyota. I believe the AquaClear filters were bought by Fluval or Hagen is trying to popularize AquaClear filter by putting Fluval's brand on it. Fluval is a big name in the aquarium hobby so when their name is on a product people are more likely to buy it.

5. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

It's just branding for different distribution outlets. Probably trying to maximize each brands recognition with different consumers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice