Are These Spine Pieces Safe To Use?

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I want to add these spine pieces to my tank. They feel like plastic but I am not sure. I tested them out in a bucket and they sink. I was planning on acrylic coating them just to be on the safe side.

Attachments

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
They look to be safe to me, if they are not plastic you are going to want to keep an eye on your ph in the tank, more than likely. The one on the bottom left looks almost like a skull of some sort, I'd make sure those areas are not too jagged, if it is plastic you could file down anything sharp with a nail file, just make sure that you clean off all the dust really well afterwards.

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
APierce said:
They look to be safe to me, if they are not plastic you are going to want to keep an eye on your ph in the tank, more than likely. The one on the bottom left looks almost like a skull of some sort, I'd make sure those areas are not too jagged, if it is plastic you could file down anything sharp with a nail file, just make sure that you clean off all the dust really well afterwards.
It is the back of the skull. I'll file it down now that you mentioned the sharp parts. It feels like a cast of the bones so that's why I just wanted to double check. So would acrylic coating them help or should I just throw them in there?

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I think they would be fine with out the acrylic honestly, but if you would feel safer using it, I wouldn't say anything to the contrary

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
APierce said:
I think they would be fine with out the acrylic honestly, but if you would feel safer using it, I wouldn't say anything to the contrary
You happen to know what clear spray paint is aquarium safe?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom