Are These Snail Eggs? Question

Discussion in 'Snails' started by fishynoob, Dec 7, 2012.

1. fishynoob

fishynoobWell Known MemberMember

by  , on Flickr

I found these in my tank today are these snail eggs? I have not seen them in my tank before but I have at least 7 of these splodges on various things in my tank. I just want to make sure it isn't something nasty.

And for amusement here are two out takes when trying to get that picture:

by  , on Flickr

by  , on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Definitely snail eggs.

3. OP
    OP
    fishynoob

Thank you. Just like to double check new developments :) It's strange my population has grown huge since I got them but this is the first time I have seen the eggs!

4. AquariaUK

AquariaUKValued MemberMember

So THAT'S what they look like!

5. jetajockey

jetajockeyFishlore VIPMember

Specifically look like pond snail or ramshorn eggs.

6. OP
    OP
    fishynoob

You're good ramshorns they are :)
    And yes apparently so!

7. wierdoinabowl3498Valued MemberMember

i caught 7 pond snails a couple years ago to clean my tank but instead they just made it dirty. only one lived and went on to produce several batches of baby snails before it died the following spring. eventually i just threw all the snails back in to the pond because i had too many and they kept laying eggs. i toss in some flake food every now and then just so they know i'm thinking about them. :)

8. OP
    OP
    fishynoob

Yea these little guys are getting a bit of a handful I must admit but some are so darn pretty - see through they are and big too! Also I see the snail love happening a bit too frequently for my liking. I have been known to get a pokey stick in there to separate the randy things.... I know it won't help at all and but it's helping guide me into one of those "not under my roof!" mothers lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice