Are these Rummy pregnant?

Olivia Janae
I just got these guys from the pet store a few days ago. I noticed today that they are getting quite a belly! Does it seem like they are pregnant? And if they are, what do I do?

Broggy
Olivia Janae said:
I just got these guys from the pet store a few days ago. I noticed today that they are getting quite a belly! Does it seem like they are pregnant? And if they are, what do I do?
they can't get pregnant, they are egg scatterers. its possible that they could be getting full of eggs though! if they are egg bound, the females will breed, and hopefully you see some rummy nose fry in the future. or they could just be super fat and happy, how often do you feed them?

Olivia Janae
Oh my god, I feel so stupid! Of course they can’t get pregnant They... are fish
Well thank you for answering despite the fact that I just had a ridiculously silly moment!
I’m feeding a small amount twice a day

Broggy
Olivia Janae said:
Oh my god, I feel so stupid! Of course they can’t get pregnant They... are fish
Well thank you for answering despite the fact that I just had a ridiculously silly moment!
I’m feeding a small amount twice a day
no, not silly at all! some fish called livebearers can be pregnant and give earth to live fry. things like guppys, Mollys, platys, and swordtails are common ones. most other fish are egg scatterers,and just throw their eggs around and hope they hatch out.

Top Bottom