Are These Red Root Babies?

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Jellibeen, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Jellibeen

Jellibeen Well Known Member Member

Attached Files:

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

The really tiny leaves? That’s duckweed.

3. Demeter

Demeter Well Known Member Member

That would be duckweed, a very prolific floating plant. I'd think about removing it before it takes over, as it often does.

4. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

If you don't have too much duckweed yet, you can pick them out with chopsticks. Otherwise, you can lift out your frogbit and put them into a bowl of water, shaking them until the duckweed floats loose.

5. Zoomo

Zoomo Well Known Member Member

Is there a way to contain floating plants to one part of the tank? I have very strong filters and they would just get stuck in the skimmer unless I can contain them somehow.

6. OP
    OP
    Jellibeen

Oh, darnit. I was hoping it wasn’t duckweed. It is already taking over. The red rooters are spreading as well, so thats good. I guess the duckweek came in when i bought the plants.

7. OP
    OP
    Jellibeen

I have some tall plants in front of my filter that keep the red rooters out. My mom uses a bundle of plastic straws. I’ve also heard of people using airline tubing or thread attached to suction cups to make a corral.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice