Are these real Amano Shrimp

connor1

I got 4 Amano Shrimp from Petco. One of them has no dots/slashes, the rest have some but it is very difficult to see since they are so small. I got one a long time ago and it looked like an Amano but now that it's full size I can see it's certainly not an Amano lol.

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3318.JPG

IMG_3317.JPG

marmaaa

Not sure if that is how amanos look when they are younger but it looks like a wild neocaridnia to me.

richiep

It's not an amano as far as I know they don't get imported that small

StarGirl

It looked like a Neo to me also. But Im no expert thats for sure.....

connor1

I looked at some pictures of wild Neocaradina, did not realize they also have some similar markings on the side. What is weird is that they were swimming around with my Neon Tetras I didn't think a Neocaridina would be that bold lol. Thanks for the insight, I will try to return those to Petco.

richiep

As they get a little bigger post some more photos you never know you may prove us all wrong

connor1

richiep said:
As they get a little bigger post some more photos you never know you may prove us all wrong
I really doubt it though, they are identical to the pictures I saw of wild Neos. Same black markings on the side (which aren't visible in the pictures I posted). Those were $5.00 each im going to return them and get some real Amano lol

marmaaa

connor1 said:
I looked at some pictures of wild Neocaradina, did not realize they also have some similar markings on the side. What is weird is that they were swimming around with my Neon Tetras I didn't think a Neocaridina would be that bold lol. Thanks for the insight, I will try to return those to Petco.
My red and blue neos swim with my ember tetras in my 10g all the time. In my 20g the red swim with my cherry barbs lol. the cherry barbs always move away when they get too close lol

Latest threads

Top Bottom