Question Are These Rams Even The Same Species?

Mickey11235

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello, All
First time posting and am wondering about the two Rams I got. The first one doesn't seem to have true GBR color and im kinda lost with it. When I brought it home it was striped almost like a convict with black and white. The strips are still there, but the blue and other coloring is coming out a little more. The only thing I can think of is that it is either a Bolivian Ram or maybe a juvenile? Any ideas. The second one seems to be the more dominant one and has the usual colors of a GBR. Also could this one be a male or can both sexes be dominant?

Thanks

20190910_210603.jpg
20190910_210537.jpg
20190910_210057.jpg
20190910_210035.jpg

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The last two pics definitely show a female GBR (she also looks sexually mature because her egg spot is very visible). To me the first fish looks like a male GBR that's either a juvenile or just not too colorful (not too sure about this one though). Is the female bigger than the other fish, or does she just have a bigger personality?

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
They're both GBRs, with one showing stressed coloration.

Mickey11235

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks all. I was hoping it wouldn't be two females. I bought them separately because each time there was only one at the fish store.The first one (Dominant One) was very peaceful until, I introduced the second. I gotta get me a Male or two.

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 52 66.7%

Top Bottom