Are these hybrids

MasterPython
I have never had endlers before and some nearby has these guys for sale. I took some screen shots from the videos he sent so I don't have better pics. They look a lot like the Santa Maria hybrids to me.

Crimson_687
In the hobby, it is next to impossible to find pure endlers, unless you find a supplier that is able to trace the line thoroughly. Even then, the line can easily get contaminated. Some might be less "guppy" than others, but they are all hybrids.

Beautiful, charismatic fish nonetheless

emeraldking
MasterPython said:
I have never had endlers before and some nearby has these guys for sale. I took some screen shots from the videos he sent so I don't have better pics. They look a lot like the Santa Maria hybrids to me.
I do see a mix of endlers in both pics. Yes, I do see some Santa Maria bleeding heart endlers too. And some yellow saddlebacks (also known as yellow half tuxedo). From what I can see from those pics, they're all hybrids.
Crimson_687 said:
In the hobby, it is next to impossible to find pure endlers, unless you find a supplier that is able to trace the line thoroughly. Even then, the line can easily get contaminated. Some might be less "guppy" than others, but they are all hybrids.

Beautiful, charismatic fish nonetheless
What's clear to me and to other endler keepers in Western-Europe is that we have more access to pure endler strains than in the States.

Crimson_687
emeraldking said:
I do see a mix of endlers in both pics. Yes, I do see some Santa Maria bleeding heart endlers too. And some yellow saddlebacks (also known as yellow half tuxedo). From what I can see from those pics, they're all hybrids.

What's clear to me and to other endler keepers in Western-Europe is that we have more access to pure endler strains than in the States.
Learn something new everyday

Didn’t realize they had in other countries! That’s pretty cool

MasterPython
Thanks. I think I will wait a few days for things to warm up before attempting to buy fish. These are five minutes away.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom