are these fish ok to put together?

1. LadyBug82 Member Member

i am planning on getting some white clouds, fancy guppies, and some plantys, and maybe a few glofish too. thinking of getting some of theses to the gold lyretail killifish aphyosemion australe and some clown killifish the site i was looking on said there peaceful fish that do well in community fish tanks so wanted to know if there good with the fish i listed? i have a 40g long tank and just going to buy a few of each for the tank. how many fish could i get to be in the tank that is the right amount? i got a few fake plants but would it be ok to use live plants too? but i just have the gravel tho.

2. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

Hi and welcome:)

Before I answerer your question I will have to say that some people won't answerer questions if they are in text speak and or a wall of text. Try to break up your sentencing with proper punctuation as it makes your question easier to read and thus more likely to be answered.

All of those are compatible fish together. The Glofish are danios and need to be in schools of at least 5 same with the white clouds. White clouds are also a temperate water fish and do best in 74* or lower much like a goldfish.

As for plants, you can do whatever you want but with live you will need to use some kind of fertilizer such as API Leaf Zone or Seachem Flourish. You will also need fluorescent lights of 5500k to 6700k for optimum growth. Then you'll need to figure out what kinds can survive in your current lighting.

3. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I wouldn't mix glofish and guppies personally. I have before and they guppies just get ripped up.

4. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I agree, Glofish (zebra danios) shouldn't be kept with anything that has long flowing fins.

5. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

Agreed... I struggle to follow the OP

6. LadyBug82 Member Member

sorry about that i didn't know. i have a tendency to write paragraphs for a question. i didnt want to forget what i was going to say.

7. LadyBug82 Member Member

i was planning on getting some fiddler crabs and couple of african dwarf frogs. are they ok with the fish i listed?

8. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I don't know anything about the crabs. I do know that African dwarf frogs would not be a good idea. ADF's have poor vision and can be easily out competed for food. They also do better in shorter tanks, they need to be able to quickly get to the surface for air.

9. dankylosaur Initiate Member

IIRC, fiddler crabs require brackish water and portion of the substrate raised above the water line so they can get out of the water. I have also read that they should not be kept with fish, as they will kill them if they can catch them.

10. LadyBug82 Member Member

oh ok thanks for letting me know. :)