Are these fish eggs?

SM1199

Yes, those are fish eggs. If I had to guess, probably the cories. They often stick them to the glass. I believe tiger barbs scatter eggs and wouldn't be stuck to the glass.

Morpheus1967

I agree. Cories.

DoubleDutch

Agree. Probably the albinos !!

abovo

Awesome thank you for the quick replies. I have no idea what to do with them. Unfortunately my qt tank isn’t setup. I imagine they’ll be lunch for something in my tank if I don’t do something with them.

Morpheus1967

Awesome thank you for the quick replies. I have no idea what to do with them. Unfortunately my qt tank isn’t setup. I imagine they’ll be lunch for something in my tank if I don’t do something with them.

You'd be surprised lol. I started with 5, I now have 10 that are full grown. Doubled the population while inside the tank, and I did not do anything special to accommodate the eggs. They are a lot sneakier than you think!

abovo

Is have a bunch of moss under the sword plant on the left. Should I move them over there in the moss to increase survivability or will that kill them off too?

e_watson09

I probably wouldn't move them if you're just moving them in the same tank. The risk of damaging them is pretty high. I'd just leave them in the tank as is and let nature take its course.

abovo

Excellent, my kids will be very excited when they get home.

abovo

It turns out they were Pepper Cory eggs! I’m surprised they survived but I maintained a pretty big moss jungle for them to hide in. Today was the first day seeing them out and about. So far I’ve seen four separate little guys that are about half an inch long now. I’m not sure what the fry survived on as I didn’t add any fry food to the tank.

I wish I had the planned 20G QT tank setup but I haven’t built my new stand for it yet. Hopefully they’ll survive in the moss jungle until I get that done. The Congo Tetras and Siamese Algae Eaters are certainly big enough to eat these little guys.
8E0E14D0-E2DA-4E77-8D83-23A8DCA1D250.jpeg

abovo

My son took a better picture today. We think there may be 5 Corys hiding in all of the moss. The pleco keeps digging in the moss but I’m not sure if it would eat a Cory. Luckily the pleco can’t dig too deep in to the moss or get in to the cave behind the sword on the left.
D336D14E-B5B0-4C53-8D01-88729A4933AF.jpeg

flyinGourami

Thats awesome Maybe the fry ate other things(for example microscopic algae)? I could be wrong though.

abovo

Must be, there’s usually plenty of food that getaway stuck in the moss forest so it must have broken down enough for them to eat.

Rooney24

How cool! I'd love to see my Julii do that.

Keep us posted on how they do!

Mcasella

Baby cories will eat the same foods as the adults, it just needs to be soft enough they can physically get it into their mouth. it can be larger than them but as long as it is soft enough to slurp up they are good.

abovo

Our Albino Cory just laid eggs all over the tank. It was pretty exciting to watch her place the eggs, hopefully some of them make it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ActualPisces
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
Donovan Jones
Replies
Views