Are These Fish Eggs?

Amaresh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello fishlovers
Today when i returned from office I saw white stuff on my drift wood? Are these fish eggs? Pic attached below
Image1523988054.759231.jpg

GrayGray4231

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Do you have any snails or did the plants come outs of a tank that had snails in it??

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
First, what fish/snails do you have? They look like fish eggs.

somethingingthewater

Reaction score
What type of fish are in your tank? I've had corydoras lay eggs like that, and there are other species whose eggs look similar. Pest snail eggs usually look nothing like that, so unless you have a much larger breed...

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It looks like one or more of your fish has been very busy.

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My corydoras leave their eggs on the glass or under leaves, normally where there is higher flow.

somethingingthewater

Reaction score
FriarThomasIII said:
My corydoras leave their eggs on the glass or under leaves, normally where there is higher flow.
Mine usually pick the top of my submerged filter, which has always seemed weird to me.

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
somethingingthewater said:
Mine usually pick the top of my submerged filter, which has always seemed weird to me.
Fish usually lay eggs where there is water flow so that they don't fungus over and die. Just instinct.

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FriarThomasIII said:
And my corys don't care where they lay their eggs. They just end up stuck to what ever she is close to when she is ready to let them go.

These don't appear to be cory eggs although the shape and size are similar. There are too many of them for a cory to have laid them in a single spawn.

Amaresh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They don't look like cory eggs, too oval and small IMO. If there's some sort of cichlid (rams, angels, etc) I would guess they're the parents. Do you notice any fish in particular guarding them?

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
mattgirl said:
And my corys don't care where they lay their eggs. They just end up stuck to what ever she is close to when she is ready to let them go.

These don't appear to be cory eggs although the shape and size are similar. There are too many of them for a cory to have laid them in a single spawn.
Corydoras, while the egg laying seems sporadic, lay eggs in little groups, moving from group to group. Albino cories, like corydoras aneaues have massive clumps. They also go where the water isn't stagnant. Seems random, but not

Looks like rams then, are they guarding?

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My best guess then is Ram eggs. Looks like either he or she is in the bottom left of that photo and is keeping an eye on the eggs

somethingingthewater

Reaction score
Amaresh said:
I have angels golden and electric blue ram siamese algae eater tetras
My first impulse is to say they look like angelfish eggs then. It's about the right amount and size of a spawn, but. It is a little odd for them to be on the driftwood...

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My first impulse is to say they look like angelfish eggs then. It's about the right amount and size of a spawn, but. It is a little odd for them to be on the driftwood...
Rams leave them on driftwood, right? That or caves?

Could they be siamese algea eater eggs?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom