Are These Fish Eggs? Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Amaresh, Apr 17, 2018.

1. AmareshValued MemberMember

Hello fishlovers
    Today when i returned from office I saw white stuff on my drift wood? Are these fish eggs? Pic attached below Image1523988054.759231.jpg

2. GrayGray4231

GrayGray4231Well Known MemberMember

Do you have any snails or did the plants come outs of a tank that had snails in it??

3. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIIIWell Known MemberMember

First, what fish/snails do you have? They look like fish eggs.

4. somethingingthewater

somethingingthewaterNew MemberMember

What type of fish are in your tank? I've had corydoras lay eggs like that, and there are other species whose eggs look similar. Pest snail eggs usually look nothing like that, so unless you have a much larger breed...

5. mattgirl

mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

It looks like one or more of your fish has been very busy. :)

6. FriarThomasIII

My corydoras leave their eggs on the glass or under leaves, normally where there is higher flow.

7. somethingingthewater

Mine usually pick the top of my submerged filter, which has always seemed weird to me.

8. FriarThomasIII

Fish usually lay eggs where there is water flow so that they don't fungus over and die. Just instinct.

9. mattgirl

And my corys don't care where they lay their eggs. They just end up stuck to what ever she is close to when she is ready to let them go. :)

These don't appear to be cory eggs although the shape and size are similar. There are too many of them for a cory to have laid them in a single spawn.

10. OP
    OP
    A

AmareshValued MemberMember

I have angels golden and electric blue ram siamese algae eater tetras

11. Demeter

DemeterFishlore VIPMember

They don't look like cory eggs, too oval and small IMO. If there's some sort of cichlid (rams, angels, etc) I would guess they're the parents. Do you notice any fish in particular guarding them?

12. FriarThomasIII

Corydoras, while the egg laying seems sporadic, lay eggs in little groups, moving from group to group. Albino cories, like corydoras aneaues have massive clumps. They also go where the water isn't stagnant. Seems random, but not :)

Looks like rams then, are they guarding?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
  13. mattgirl

My best guess then is Ram eggs. Looks like either he or she is in the bottom left of that photo and is keeping an eye on the eggs

14. somethingingthewater

My first impulse is to say they look like angelfish eggs then. It's about the right amount and size of a spawn, but. It is a little odd for them to be on the driftwood...

15. FriarThomasIII

Rams leave them on driftwood, right? That or caves?

Could they be siamese algea eater eggs?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice