60 Gallon Tank Are These Eggs?

Oliver T.
Hello, I was cleaning my tank today when I saw these white speckles on a branch. They weren't there yesterday so I'm assuming there some kind of eggs. The tank is stocked with rummynose teras, some congo tetras and a festivus cichlid. What do you guys think?

Betta'sAnonymous
Certainly look like eggs. Almost like a snail trail of eggs. None of those in the tank?

JLAquatics
Oliver T. said:
Hello, I was cleaning my tank today when I saw these white speckles on a branch. They weren't there yesterday so I'm assuming there some kind of eggs. The tank is stocked with rummynose teras, some congo tetras and a festivus cichlid. What do you guys think?
Do you have Nerite Snails in this tank by any chance? If so, their eggs look like this and are difficult to get off of hard surfaces such as wood. They will also not hatch in freshwater, so it can be a little frustrating at times when they lay these eggs all over everything.

StarGirl
Yup definitely Nerite eggs.

Batmantheanglefish
I also agree that it look like Nerite snail eggs.

Oliver T.
Yeah, I have two nerite snails in the tank, I didn't know they would lay eggs in freshwater but after looking online they do look like nerite snail eggs

Mcasella
Oliver T. said:
Yeah, I have two nerite snails in the tank, I didn't know they would lay eggs in freshwater but after looking online they do look like nerite snail eggs
They can lay them if you end up with a female (you do not have to have a male for them to lay eggs), they thankfully do not hatch so you don't run into the same issue like pest snails have. They will dissolve over time and sometimes other snails rasping on them will help break them down faster or shrimp can do the same (but those would be snacks for your fish).
You can sometimes get used to them bedazzling various things in the tank, including each other's shells. You can remove any on the glass with a razor blade or algae scrubber (magnetic ones seem to work better).

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom