Are These Eggs? Help

1. Shannon Griscom

Shannon Griscom Valued Member Member

2. Inno

Inno Valued Member Member

Yes those are eggs. They are laid above the water line. That is a HUGE clutch btw.

If you want to hatch them, youtube has some good videos on incubating them.

Hope your snail is okay!

3. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Woah, that's outside the tank!?
    Why is your snail coming out of the tank to lay eggs?

4. OP
    OP
    Shannon Griscom

I keep my tank filled to the brimm. Thinking that's why.

5. Fanatic

What are your parameters?
    Snails often come out of the water because the water can be bothering them, not just for egg laying.

It's also not healthy that you should be picking up a snail from the floor every day, that'll severely injure it when it falls.
    They also don't survive long out of water.

6. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

Mysteries spawn on dry surfaces. If you keep, them leave at least 1" for them or they will leave the aquarium. This is not just for spawning. They need to be able to climb out of the water from time to time.

7. OP
    OP
    Shannon Griscom

My parameters are fine. My other snail stays in the tank. I think she was just trying to lay her eggs. Gonna remove some water to give her more room above the waterline.

8. Fanatic

She most definitely came out of the tank because there's no room for her to lay them elsewhere.
    Just remember that saying your parameters are "fine" doesn't help anyone help you.

9. OP
    OP
    Shannon Griscom

Everyhting is 0, even my nitrates. It's a planted tank that's well seasoned. I don't test for hardness, I just test with the API master test kit.