Are these eggs?

klogue2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Meant to post this last night but I was too tired to get on. Last night we moved the aquariums and set up the 55 (for the most part) but I had to take down and move and the 29 in the process. After getting everything but the heater reinstalled I noticed this:

They look like little indented sesame seeds. Could these be eggs? If they are I'm kind of upset; I wasn't planning to breed anything but it would have been a fun experience.

Stocking is in my signature, plus 2 nerite snails. I'm thinking they're possibly the cory cat's eggs, but my corys are so young and small! About an inch long, give or take.

On another note, I did get to see a cory at the pet store laying eggs when I last visited. I haven't seen this behavior in my corys but maybe I haven't looked hard enough. Heck, these things were hidden anyways, how could I have seen them! The part in the picture is the back of the heater; I'd never have seen those until something like this happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My guess would be dried out nerite or cory eggs. If it were the nerites, the eggs probably weren't viable anyway. I'm leaning towards nerites.

klogue2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks I thought nerites too but didn't know if they lay in clumps or not, since I think mystery snails lay in clumps. But they're probably not viable because they do need salt to reproduce, right?

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Agree. Nerite eggs. They are almost impossible to remove from any surface! Will not hatch in freshwater which is why they are so popular.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom