Are these both zebra nerites?

kidster9700

I bought these two guys as zebra nerite snails. Now, the one with thinner stripes here does look like a zebra nerite to me
it doesn't move a lot and acts like a nerite would (hence my inability to get a good picture since it doesn't move from the darker spots for like two hours)
Now, this other guy is as active as my inca snail and has a slightly different shell shape and the stripes are different. What is this guy????

stargazerwolf

The first definitely a nerite, the second...looks like a ramshorn though I've never seen one with that pattern.

kidster9700

I have blue and red ramshorns and that guy has too round of a shell. If anything I think he might be a mystery snail, like a striped ivory/black mix. And if it was a ramshorn I would have a billion more by now since he's been in there for two weeks.

Here is a size comparison. That's my index finger.

Bijou88

The first one is a zebra nerite, the second one is definitely a mystery snail. It's got really cool coloring for a mystery. I would guess he's a mix of a gold and black.

kidster9700

Bijou88 said:
The first one is a zebra nerite, the second one is definitely a mystery snail. It's got really cool coloring for a mystery. I would guess he's a mix of a gold and black.
Sweet! I guess I got lucky then because they were selling the mystery snails for like $5 and these guys were only $2

Bijou88

Looks like it! Mystery snails are so much fun, you'll be glad you ended up with one.

aliray

He's a pretty snail. Great color. Alison

kidster9700

Added a black mystery today, here's all three of my mystery snails together. You can tell that the striped guy is def a mystery. And his foot is purple!

Bijou88

Haha, now it looks like mama, daddy and baby with the color combos, cute!

kidster9700

Okay, so slightly off topic of this thread, but I just checked my "snail bucket" for bladder/ramshorns to feed to my assassins and I got a really cool bladder snail color combo. White/light tan shell (not gross and see through) with a black foot, saved the two that looked like that. Kept one in the breeding bucking and threw the bigger one in my tank. Maybe these mystery snails will pop out something cool as well!!

Anders247

Agreed with Bijou, the first is a nerite and the other one is a mystery. Very cool coloration!

smee82

Nice colours

Kyle 2048

Bijou88

It's a mystery snail, ramshorn look completely different.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom