Are these baby cherry red shrimps?

nileshm96

I had a berried female who gave birth to baby shrimps since I saw 3 juveniles today. But I am seeing alot of these in on the glass or on the pot. what are these? They move rapidly live short jumps but I am unable to identify them.
CollageMaker_20210420_202202685.jpg

JettsPapa

I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think that's baby shrimp. I don't know what kind of shrimp you have, but if it's one of the commonly kept ornamental shrimp they're born fully formed, though very small. They don't have a larval stage.

Hamoncan

Have you looked up scuds?

ROFEA

That shape makes me think of cyclops copepods.

SotaAquatics

They are some type of copepod, I have the same in my tank. Not harmful at all to shrimp.

richiep

Those are copeapods sometimes called cyclops, the single large bit is her body, the two smaller pieces attached to the large body are eggs completely harmless and will come and go

nileshm96

JettsPapa said:
I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think that's baby shrimp. I don't know what kind of shrimp you have, but if it's one of the commonly kept ornamental shrimp they're born fully formed, though very small. They don't have a larval stage.
thanks. I have Red Cherry Shrimps
richiep said:
Those are copeapods sometimes called cyclops, the single large bit is her body, the two smaller pieces attached to the large body are eggs completely harmless and will come and go
Thanks for the info
SotaAquatics said:
They are some type of copepod, I have the same in my tank. Not harmful at all to shrimp.
I am seeing them in the bowl after my shrimp gave birth. She had lot of eggs but I see only 3 babies
ROFEA said:
That shape makes me think of cyclops copepods.
even i think they are copepods
Hamoncan said:
Have you looked up scuds?
yes i googled scuds but they dont like those though

Top Bottom