Are these angelfish eggs??

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by bizaliz3, Aug 2, 2015.

1. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

Never seen anything like it before. And one of my angels is behaving like it's possibly fertilizing them or protecting them

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello,

Yes, they do look like eggs. :) Best wishes for fry!

Ken

3. OP
    OP
    bizaliz3

What do I need to do now to try and ensure that the fry make it?

4. Tolak

Tolak Well Known Member Member

What size tank, and what do you have for tankmates?

Something I typed out many years back, I got tired of typing the same thing over & over;  

I've got buddy's that breed angels, there's different ways of going about it, depending on what gear you have & the results you'd like to see. What works best for me may or may not work best for the guy down the street, or across the country.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  5. OP
    OP
    bizaliz3

Here they are :) dad is still taking good care of them, some of them turned white overnight, but many of them are still looking good!

Attached Files:

6. OP
    OP
    bizaliz3

Well it's looking like a fail. All of the eggs are white and full of white fuzz. I have done a lot of research and everything I read indicates the parents usually fail the first few tries. So I won't let it get to me. I had no intention of breeding angels, but now that I Have a proven "pair" I am going to at least do everything I can to offer the possibility of success. I don't want to raise the eggs myself. So I will only be letting the parents do it. So hopefully they will succeed at some point. Because I think it would be a fun experience.

I am picking up some slate rock so they have something that they may choose to lay the eggs on instead of the filter intake! And I added a sponge filter to the tank so it can get cycled so that next time this happens (if it happens again) I can turn off the main filter so the fry dont get sucked up.

The one thing these parents needs to learn is to remove the white unfertilized/dead eggs, Because I read that the dead ones will kill the good ones if not removed. So I think had the parents removed the dead eggs like they are supposed to, there may have been some more success.

But again, I guess the parents need a few tries before they begin to understand that. I think it will be a lot of fun to see the parents raise their babies. So I hope it happens one day. Even if just a few babies make it. There is a tetra school of 6 that I should probably remove....but the angels are doing a great job at keeping them away. So maybe they can stay.

I don't want a huge litter of baby angels. So I don't plan to turn this into a breeding tank. But if a baby or two are able to defy the odds and survive...that would be splendid!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice