Are these Angelfish eggs?

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by Kimbrelee, Jul 29, 2015.

1. KimbreleeValued MemberMember

Do angelfish lay eggs? I always thought they had live fry. However, my two more aggressive Angels (who I think are a breeding pair) have been acting funny today. On the side of my tank there are little egg like things and the Angels are acting as if they are fertilizing the eggs (maybe?!). It's something I've never seen so I'm not too sure how to explain it. I have this picture but it's not very clear. I hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Angelfish do lay eggs

3. KimbreleeValued MemberMember

How do I make sure these eggs survive?

4. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

You can't make them do anything :)

To help them survive, you can remove the eggs and put them into a separate, cycled tank. But you also need to worry about fungus killing some of the eggs. You can do a bit of research online to help you figure out everything the fry need. I'm sure some members will help contribute too.

5. KimbreleeValued MemberMember

Ok thanks! I'm a little worried about moving them though. I'm scared I'll harm them in the process.

6. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

You could always leave them and see what happens. The parents don't always eat them.

7. KimbreleeValued MemberMember

The parents are actually watching over them and running all the rest off. However, they had eggs in two different spot in the tank and are only watching over one set. The other Angels I have already ate those. It wasn't good but the parents didn't seem to care about those babies like they do these.

8. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Maybe these will hatch! I'd remove them shortly after though or they might get eaten.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice