Are these Angelfish eggs?

Kimbrelee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Do angelfish lay eggs? I always thought they had live fry. However, my two more aggressive Angels (who I think are a breeding pair) have been acting funny today. On the side of my tank there are little egg like things and the Angels are acting as if they are fertilizing the eggs (maybe?!). It's something I've never seen so I'm not too sure how to explain it. I have this picture but it's not very clear. I hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You can't make them do anything

To help them survive, you can remove the eggs and put them into a separate, cycled tank. But you also need to worry about fungus killing some of the eggs. You can do a bit of research online to help you figure out everything the fry need. I'm sure some members will help contribute too.

Kimbrelee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks! I'm a little worried about moving them though. I'm scared I'll harm them in the process.

Kimbrelee

Valued Member
Reaction score
The parents are actually watching over them and running all the rest off. However, they had eggs in two different spot in the tank and are only watching over one set. The other Angels I have already ate those. It wasn't good but the parents didn't seem to care about those babies like they do these.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom