Are there cories that only grow to one inch? Question

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by FLGirl, Apr 12, 2010.

1. FLGirlWell Known MemberMember

Are there corydoras that are around one inch as adults? someone said To me that most of the common types (like u find in stores) don't get over an Inch but I thought they got a lil bigger? Just wondering

2. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Most cories get 2.5-3 inches. There are pygmy cories, however, which stay smaller.

3. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Peppered corys stay pretty small, as do pandas. But the pygmy corys are the smallest at an inch. From what I've read, they need to be kept in schools of 9+. Too few and they start dropping, one at a time.

4. mathasWell Known MemberMember

As the others have said, most Corydoras species do get larger than an inch, though there are a few notable exceptions. The most common types of pygmy corys are:

Corydoras habrosus:  
    Corydoras pygmaeus:  
    Corydoras hastatus:  

For a complete list, PlanetCatfish offers a good search function.  .

5. FLGirlWell Known MemberMember

Thanks guys! And I didn't know that about pygmys I thought about getting a group of like 5-6 but I think I will rethink that lol

6. LucyModeratorModerator Member

I've got C. habrosus, they're super cute!

7. REDKAHUNAValued MemberMember

Even the pygmys get 1 1/4 -1 1/2 most times but they are worth getting. Also many good looking aspidoras a cory cousin that stays small. Some an jnch big.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice