Are there any fisherman in here?

Whitewolf

Well Known
I am an avid die hard bass fisherman. I go every weekend from march thru early november to fish for bass. Big bass hopefully. There are lots of lakes around my town of lincoln, NE. One lake is 112 acres and right in the middle of town. Here are some pictures, feel free to comment and show off pictures if you too are a die-hard angler.

All of these were largemouth black bass were caught (and released) out of lakes. No farmers pond fishing for me.

Attachments

Best Answer - View smee82's answer

fish 321

Well Known
Oh boy I love these threads. I am always looking for a place to show off my fish. Trout are in montana and salmon are in my home state, Alaska.
41913C6C-2FC4-4B1C-BC7E-B5DFFDBDDC17.jpeg
GOPR0216_1594888672081.JPG
GOPR0233_1595485186733.JPG
GOPR0235_1595524207589.JPG
3F799507-B432-4B06-967D-1D26481B92BE.jpeg

Whitewolf said:
I am an avid die hard bass fisherman. I go every weekend from march thru early november to fish for bass. Big bass hopefully. There are lots of lakes around my town of lincoln, NE. One lake is 112 acres and right in the middle of town. Here are some pictures, feel free to comment and show off pictures if you too are a die-hard angler.

All of these were largemouth black bass were caught (and released) out of lakes. No farmers pond fishing for me.
Don't know much about bass but that last one looks huge.

Flyfisha

Well Known
An Australian fly fisher person here. I walk mountain streams or what passes for a river in this dry land casing trout. I am involved with stocking rivers and lakes with our native Murray Cod. The 4th biggest freshwater fish in the world. When it’s winter and very cold I go to the salt. A dirty snapshot of our best table fish, the flathead. Know as lizards.
An interesting species in its own right.
B63597B0-7A83-4ABB-82BC-FD00D9DCAFFA.jpeg

smee82

I fish almost every day when i go back home to aus while im on holidays. Theres a water way that runs along my mums backyard. We mainly catch bream and rock cod but also get the occasional mangrove jack. Its also a good spot for mud crabs.

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
I would go fishing all the time with my grandma and grandpa as a kid. They had a nice sized boat that they would take to many lakes. It went really fast, as boats do lol! I really enjoyed it as a kid and i do miss the time I spent with them.

VeiltailKing

Well Known
Ayy another Nebraskan? I love to go fishing, but haven’t had the chance to get out lately. I was lucky to get out a bit last year and catch a few nice cats.

yukondog

Well Known
I'm a Fl. fisherman that grew up as a kid fishing in south Fl. than went to bass fishing [largest was 22" and I could put both my fists in her mouth] for the next 40 yrs. and then switched back over to salt. Sorry no pictures.

Pariah

Loading up the car as we speak to go fishing for bowfin and turtles. They're about the only thing that's biting this time of year.

Pariah

Live from Killbuck Creek, Ohio, USA:

Water is low and it's crazy hot, but we have our canopy up for shade and the bowfin and largemouth bass are biting. We've already lost count. However, it really grinds my gears how people trash the place.
20200726_130321.jpg
20200726_130719.jpg
20200726_122819.jpg

yukondog

Well Known
I really hate people that leave their trash, what do you do with the Bowfin ? We call them cotton fish here, same fish.

Pariah

yukondog said:
I really hate people that leave their trash, what do you do with the Bowfin ? We call them cotton fish here, same fish.
Release them. So many people kill them and leave them on the bank. Drives me insane! It's a native species! Idiots also think it's funny to leave handfuls of nails in the dirt parking area.

Edit: Probably one of the smallest turtles I've caught there, but even getting a small 15# turtle off the hook is sketchy. Most turtles we pull out are in the 35-40# range with my personal best being a 53# dinosaur.

8559.jpeg

OP
Whitewolf

Whitewolf

Well Known
Pariah said:
Live from Killbuck Creek, Ohio, USA:

Water is low and it's crazy hot, but we have our canopy up for shade and the bowfin and largemouth bass are biting. We've already lost count. However, it really grinds my gears how people trash the place.
Yes it is crazy hot and almost not worth it to go out unless its 6am or after 8pm

OP
Whitewolf

Whitewolf

Well Known
fish 321 said:
Oh boy I love these threads. I am always looking for a place to show off my fish. Trout are in montana and salmon are in my home state, Alaska.
41913C6C-2FC4-4B1C-BC7E-B5DFFDBDDC17.jpeg
GOPR0216_1594888672081.JPG
GOPR0233_1595485186733.JPG
GOPR0235_1595524207589.JPG
3F799507-B432-4B06-967D-1D26481B92BE.jpeg
That sounds like a really cool thing to do to catch a salmon. Alaska sounds like a cool place to live, tho i wouldnt want to live there in the middle of winter. I bet the south coast is nice year around tho

Pariah

Whitewolf said:
Yes it is crazy hot and almost not worth it to go out unless its 6am or after 8pm
ALMOST not worth it, unless the bite is on fire. The dog days of summer is when the bowfin and turtles start hitting like mad around here. Most days you can't bait hooks fast enough where we go. We'll have three poles set and my wife and daughter will reel them in while our son and I bait, net and reset. It's like an assembly line.

yukondog

Well Known
Do you have alligator snappers and the reg. or just the reg., we have both here. Do you eat the snappers or just release them? My wife use to cook them down in a crock pot back when I use to catch them.

Pariah

yukondog said:
Do you have alligator snappers and the reg. or just the reg., we have both here. Do you eat the snappers or just release them? My wife use to cook them down in a crock pot back when I use to catch them.
We just have common snapping turtles. We also catch a lot of softshell turtles as well. They might even be meaner than the snappers. We normally release them, but maybe once a year we'll keep one, usually if it's gut hooked or bleeding badly. Crock pot is the way to go, otherwise it's tougher than shoe leather.

Whitewolf said:
That sounds like a really cool thing to do to catch a salmon. Alaska sounds like a cool place to live, tho i wouldnt want to live there in the middle of winter. I bet the south coast is nice year around tho
Alaska is amazing. Winters, especially where I lived up near Fairbanks, are brutal. 40 below 0 is common and 60+ below isn't uncommon. The worst part is the constant darkness. It gets depressing being stuck inside all the time. Summers, on the other hand, are beautiful. It's always light out and temps stay right around 68-72 at all times. The only downside are the mosquitoes. All that tundra is the perfect breeding ground for them. It's unreal.

fish 321

Well Known
Whitewolf said:
Yeah it is a pretty cool place to live. I live in Homer which is next to the ocean so the winters are usualy not very cold.

Pariah said:
We just have common snapping turtles. We also catch a lot of softshell turtles as well. They might even be meaner than the snappers. We normally release them, but maybe once a year we'll keep one, usually if it's gut hooked or bleeding badly. Crock pot is the way to go, otherwise it's tougher than shoe leather.

Alaska is amazing. Winters, especially where I lived up near Fairbanks, are brutal. 40 below 0 is common and 60+ below isn't uncommon. The worst part is the constant darkness. It gets depressing being stuck inside all the time. Summers, on the other hand, are beautiful. It's always light out and temps stay right around 68-72 at all times. The only downside are the mosquitoes. All that tundra is the perfect breeding ground for them. It's unreal.
My brother just moved up to fairbanks a year ago but the cold doesnt't seem to bother him, he even fell throught the ice on a river in negative 40 while trapping beavers and just went back to his truck put dry clothes on and went right back out.

Pariah

fish 321 said:
Yeah it is a pretty cool place to live. I live in Homer which is next to the ocean so the winters are usualy not very cold.

My brother just moved up to fairbanks a year ago but the cold doesnt't seem to bother him, he even fell throught the ice on a river in negative 40 while trapping beavers and just went back to his truck put dry clothes on and went right back out.
He's more of a man than I am. You're probably familiar with a little tourist trap town called North Pole then.

I miss going halibut and cod fishing out of Valdez. I miss eating them just as much. I'd love to take my kids up there when they are older. We'll fly. I've driven the Al-Can enough times for one lifetime.

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Whitewolf said:

I live in Lincoln too! And sorry, farm ponds are the way to go for bass. I stick with catfish mostly these days

fish 321

Well Known
Pariah said:
He's more of a man than I am. You're probably familiar with a little tourist trap town called North Pole then.

I miss going halibut and cod fishing out of Valdez. I miss eating them just as much. I'd love to take my kids up there when they are older. We'll fly. I've driven the Al-Can enough times for one lifetime.
Halibut does tase pretty good.

jmaldo

Well Known
:emoji_thumbsup:Thanks for sharing Guys.
I am getting the itch. Sadly it's been years+ since I have dropped a line. The last time, my buddy and I were enjoying a few libations on Sat nite. and he suggested we go out Sun am. It was early "May" on Lake Erie, Walleye and Perch, I'll never forget it. Standing there on the boat, It was so cold I was shivering so much the rod was shaking. Needless, to say we were only out for about 2 hours, but it was "Fun".

GlennO

Well Known
I like beach fishing. My biggest catch was about 35 years ago and I still haven't beaten it.

Mull.JPG

GlennO

Well Known
fish 321 said:
What kind of fish is that?
It's called a Mulloway or Jewfish. I don't think that they occur in the US but there is a closely related species called Red Drum or Redfish.

Killies

I actually fish for multiple species, like yellow perch, black bass, white perch, rock bass, and sometimes trout.

Pariah

It ended up pouring down rain, but for once, I had the proper tool at hand. Our 10ft canopy!

20200803_165213.jpg

New Threads