Are there any bee keepers here?

Thunder_o_b

We just finished our 2nd year. Had 3 hives. One left last month.

smee82

I used to have a hive growing up. My grandparents bought me one for my 10th birthday.

Thunder_o_b

I used to have a hive growing up. My grandparents bought me one for my 10th birthday.
I have been close to the little sisters since I sat on one as a very young child (my mother related the story, I do not remember the incident) We were riding a bus when I sat on a hornet. I was very upset. Mother sad not to be mad at the hornet as I would be mad too if someone the size of a bus sat on me. Too bad the little one was not radioactive, I could have used some super powers over the years ;)

I have some good shots on my phone. If I can figure out how to transfer them to my mac I will post some here.

Spudsssy

I make mead... :). One day i would love a hive.

ProudPapa

I worked full time for one of the more prominent beekeepers in the country for about three years, 20+ years ago. I kept a few hives of my own for a while after that, but eventually sold them and all my equipment. When I retire I may get a few hives again.

BPSabelhaus

I make mead... :). One day i would love a hive.

7E085084-BB57-40C8-A7A7-201FD89EAB41.gif

Starting a buckwheat and pear melomel sometime this week. Was going to build a top bar hive last winter, didn’t. Probably should get on that lol

DoubleDutch

Yep, three hives since this year.

Thunder_o_b

7E085084-BB57-40C8-A7A7-201FD89EAB41.gif

Starting a buckwheat and pear melomel sometime this week. Was going to build a top bar hive last winter, didn’t. Probably should get on that lol
We are planing to start wine making this year.

Before you build look in to this hive. I built two of this with some modifications. I put top slats on them and other things.
https://horizontalhive.com/how-to-build/long-langstroth-plans.shtm
Yep, three hives since this year.

We Have three. A flow hive and the two long hives. Sadly one of the colony's moved out of a long hive.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Thunder_o_b
Replies
Views
Aquaphobia
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views