Are seed shrimp harmful to nerite snails?

Aquariumlover1357
I see the seed shrimp all over my tank climbing on the snail's shell and over his flesh (not sure what to call the exposed parts of his foot). I'm not sure if they're bothering him. Are they nibbling at him? Are they omnivorous? I've heard about how they eat whatever they could find, so would that mean they are carnivores as well? Thanks!

Madchild57
Aquariumlover1357 said:
I see the seed shrimp all over my tank climbing on the snail's shell and over his flesh (not sure what to call the exposed parts of his foot). I'm not sure if they're bothering him. Are they nibbling at him? Are they omnivorous? I've heard about how they eat whatever they could find, so would that mean they are carnivores as well? Thanks!
I doubt they're harming the snail at all, I think they only eat microorganisms and maybe plant matter.

Rick bose
Seed shrimps are not harmful to fishes or snails. Instead they are a food source for many species kept in aquarium.

Aquariumlover1357
Okay, great. Do you know anything that could eat them that could be kept in a 1-gallon? It's just one snail in there currently.

Rick bose
Aquariumlover1357 said:
Okay, great. Do you know anything that could eat them that could be kept in a 1-gallon? It's just one snail in there currently.
For just 1 snail, you could just pick it out of the tank. In only a 1g tank, bladderwort can be kept that will eat seed shrimp. Bladderwort is a carnivorous floating plant, so it will need a light source when you are keeping in it in your 1g. There are other few things I know you can keep in a tank that will eat seed shrimp but unfortunately, they can't be kept in a 1g tank.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom