Are Purple Emperor tetras nippy fishes?

I’ve been doing some research online but although most fish ressources tag them as peaceful, a few also advice to keep them away from fishes with long fins. I have a male betta in the tank as well as some male Endlers. Does anyone have experience with these fishes?

I have never heard of them to be nippy. It seems like some of the larger body tetras get labeled as nippy but I think for the most part if you have a good sized school,tank and and hiding spots you are safe.

But I think Emperors are a pretty peaceful type of tetra Anyways. I considered them for my tank at one point and never saw anything telling me to stay away

I think having a backup would be the safest option, just in case it doesn't work out. Whether it ends up being because of fin nipping or something else.

I have never heard of them to be nippy. It seems like some of the larger body tetras get labeled as nippy but I think for the most part if you have a good sized school,tank and and hiding spots you are safe.

But I think Emperors are a pretty peaceful type of tetra Anyways. I considered them for my tank at one point and never saw anything telling me to stay away
Thank you so much. I see so many people stock their tank with beautiful fish without much consideration for the the fish. I have such a peaceful tank and some shy fish like otocinclus that are very comfortable. I don’t want to bring in fish that are going to stress everyone out. ;-)

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom