Are other people finding it hard to blog through cell phones?

1. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Has anyone been able to blog through their cell phones? What are your experiences? I have not been able to figure out how to do it on my iPhone with the Fishlore app, Tapatalk, chrome, or Safari.

I'm depending on speech recognition these days, which I use on my cell phone. Being literally handicapped in both hands for the whole summer has pushed back many of my projects, particularly getting started on my blog.

While I can dictate email, send it to my laptop, and then cut and paste the text into a blog entry, it is so much extra work for me also to get photos posted via my laptop. The extra keystrokes are bad enough, but manipulating the red button mouse in the middle of the keyboard is painful although in a different way from the desktop mouse that I'm avoiding using .

I suspect that Fishlore blogs would get a lot more readership, if they were more accessible through cell phones. I can't even find the one blog entry that I was able to post after a lot of work. I can only find it through my laptop and desktop computers :p

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. 1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

bilateral CTS surgery?

3. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Seems to be working OK.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Adam55
    How exactly are you blogging by cell phone?

@roadrunner1971
    Luckily, it's not carpal tunnel syndrome. I have trigger finger and tennis elbow on both sides, and I'm supposed to use my hands as little as possible for two months.

5. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Well, do you mean just replying to posts or actually starting a new thread via cell phone? To reply, I just go to the app, click on the menu bar in the top left next to the fish (for threads I have already posted in prior), and click on the thread I want to reply to. Or, I click on Freshwater and click the topic I'd like to see. Then I just kick some knowledge into the box.

6. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

No, I mean blogging. 100% of my posts now are from my cell phone. I just can't blog :p

7. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Ohhh...well, then. I've never tried that. I never said that I kicked useful ​knowledge into the box.

8. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Your advice is usually useful. Don't kick yourself. You still have hands, so appreciate them and just slap yourself LOL

9. 1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

Well in that case I recommend you try to refrain from using your hands for 2 months :;laughing

*feel better :)

10. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks--i'm really going stir crazy!

My husband came in the kitchen a little while ago, saying, "what? Oh you're just talking to Fishlore again."

11. 1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

I feel for you. Some of the diagnostics I perform is for CTS ( I know you don't have it but...) and see how almost impossible it is for people to learn how to keep from using their hands constantly, even for a short while. It'll make 'ya nuts they say :(. like/said feel better :).

12. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

endlercollector, it's not a direct solution but you are using voice recognition to start a thread, correct?

If so maybe you can start a thread then click Blog This Post.
    It's found down by the edit button.

blog.jpg

I'm pretty sure it will move the thread to your blog.
    If it creates a duplicate you can always lock the original and ask one of us to delete it.

Edit:
    Or lock it immediately after posting so replies don't get left behind.

13. Rockyco Member Member

I've had issues posting under the appropriate Topic, so I've just been posting in General discussion & the the nice admins move my posts to the appropriate Topic area. But other then that, it seems easier to navigate and post using sed cell phone

14. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks for understanding how much I'm whining about this. :p

Things are actually getting better. I was able to wash my hair last night for the first time in three weeks LOL

15. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

@endlercollector - here is one way you could do it from your phone:

1. Open up your phone's web browser and navigate to the forum and then log in

2. Go to the bottom of the page and select the Default Mobile Style V1

3. After the page reloads with the new style, select the Menu on the top right of the page

4. On the menu screen select Aquarium Blogs

5. Click the big button that has "Create Blog" on it and you should be able to use voice recognition on the input boxes (title, message and tags)

16. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Mike
    Thank you! It worked! I am so excited, jumping for joy!!! (just not waving my arms around). :)

17. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

endlercollector, I'm so happy for you!
    Feel better soon!

Smarty pants! :p