Are nerite and mystery snails fine for a guppy breeding 10 gallon tank?

aidanfish2002

I bought a nerite and mystery snail today and added it to my 29 gallon tank. A couple minutes after putting the snails into the tank my two small clown loaches found them. I saw one of them nibbling at the nerite snail and immediately looked up whether they like snails and what do you know they love them. I took both snails out and put them in a 10 gallon platy/guppy breed tank. Nothing brothers the snails in there and i'm wondering are they fine to stay in there long term? I have a sponge on the intake filter piece and also a very good top for the ten gallon tank so I don't think they'll be escaping but what would happen if they did get out? Would I have to search the room for them and would they even survive out of water? Also do I have to feed these snails, don't they just eat aquarium waste in the gravel and stuff?

Wardonianfungus

I can’t see why not. They aren’t fast enough to catch a fish, and even if they found a sick or dying fry, I don’t think they could do much more than lick it.

As for the food, they’ll eat anything they can, but you should put some cucumber in every now and then. I’m not sure how the fry will react to this. If for some reason you can’t put the cucumber in put a little bit of pellets of flakes in every now and then.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JamieXPXP
Replies
Views
Rtessy
  • Question
Replies
Views
mimo91088
Replies