Are My Ph Levels Okay?

LaniKai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So I'm a tad confused right now and just want to double check. When I put my stock list into Aqadvisor (I'm using this as a general idea and temp and PH) it said my Orange Head Tapajos likes a PH between 6.2 - 6.8 but when I research the fish on seriously fish it says the PH is good between 4.5-7.5. I think seriously fish is more accurate but I wanted to double check. If both sources are incorrect what would be a good website to learn more about fish?

I also was wondering if my PH is at about 7.4 is it okay to keep fish that are okay at 7.4 or 7.5? or is that to close to the top of their range Like angelfish?

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Most PHs will be fine, as long as they're stable. For most fish in the freshwater hobby, IME, you're gonna want somewhere between 6.5-8.0, with 7.0-8.0 being the more popular range.

Your PH is fine. Just make sure it doesn't swing all over the place, and your fish will acclimate.

LaniKai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thanks I just wanted to make sure.

Is seriously fish a good website for fish info?

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
In general, it's fine.

But, I'd check multiple sources. Some sources will tell you certain info, and others will conflict with that info. It's up to you to decide on what's correct, to a point.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom