15 Gallon Tank Are my Otos healthy or am I doing something wrong?

ToOthleSS04

I fear that my Otos might not be healthy, or it's just my impression?
Some are still white since I bought them, and some have their distinctive black color

Attachments

• IMG_20220731_134013.jpg
    IMG_20220731_134013.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220731_134018.jpg
    IMG_20220731_134018.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220731_134040.jpg
    IMG_20220731_134040.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 12

86 ssinit

How long have you had them? How long has the tank been running? Also it looks like you may have 2 different types of ottos.

They look healthy to me but your tank looks very clean. I don’t see a lot of algae on the plants. Ottos live on bio-film and algae.

ToOthleSS04

How long have you had them? How long has the tank been running? Also it looks like you may have 2 different types of ottos.

They look healthy to me but your tank looks very clean. I don’t see a lot of algae on the plants. Ottos live on bio-film and algae.
I give them cucumber or zucchini slices
Real

They look healthy to me but your tank looks very clean. I don’t see a lot of algae on the plants. Ottos live on bio-film and alga
The tank has been running for 6 months or so. I have to clean once every 2 weeks, and some times once a week
I give them cucumber or zucchini slices
Real

The tank has been running for 6 months or so. I have to clean once every 2 weeks, and some times once a week
And i didnt know they might be different species

86 ssinit

Yes there are I think 3 different species of Otto. I’ve never been a fan of feeding ottos or anything vegetables. Kind of takes away from what they do eat. These fish will eat algae and bio-film and do great with just that and keep your tank clean. These vegetables left in your tank will rot and just can’t be good for the tank.

ToOthleSS04

Yes there are I think 3 different species of Otto. I’ve never been a fan of feeding ottos or anything vegetables. Kind of takes away from what they do eat. These fish will eat algae and bio-film and do great with just that and keep your tank clean. These vegetables left in your tank will rot and just can’t be good for the tank.
Ik, but since I bought them they cleaned up all the algae

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jake37
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank Otocinclus Behavior
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies