Are My Horned Nerite Snails Breeding Help

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Epicoz, Apr 19, 2019.

1. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

My horned nerite snails are in a weird position are they breeding. Yesterday I got another one and did not think of this here is the picture.

Attached Files:

2. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

If that's a fresh water tank, probably no. They won't breed in fresh water. If by chance they did, eggs won't hatch.

3. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

Ok good do you think it was just coincendince

4. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

They're just sayin' Howdy to each other. I had two mystery snails hitching a ride on another one just yesterday haha! I do think they greet each other when they pass on the slime trail!

5. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

Thanks

6. McasellaFishlore VIPMember

They can breed in freshwater - snails are very curious, specially if it is a male - the eggs do not hatch in freshwater and are a pain to get off.

7. eustoma01Valued MemberMember

I don't get why people say they don't breed in freshwater. I put mine in a freshwater tank and they have laid eggs so they can certainly mate. It's just that their eggs do not hatch in freshwater. You have to move them to sea water for them to hatch, but from a post I read, even that might not be correct... it might just require a water really high in KH and GH to hatch regardless of the presence of salt.

Anyway, to answer your question... you'll find out if you see eggs on your tank. Mine laid them on a piece of stone I have. :)