Question Are My Guppies Pregnant

Superme888

Reaction score
So I found a fry last week in my main tank from one of these guys so I decided to put them into another tank by themselves. I brought the 2 dark ones over 2 weeks ago and the yellow ones over a week ago. The yellow ones were pretty round when I got them.
I was wondering if they are pregnant and how far along are they.

Attachments

Somthingfishy01

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the first pic, they could be pregnant but they could also be bloated and constipated, it happens sometimes with overfeeding and stuff. The second pic, the blue ones do look pregnant.
(This is crazy, I have almost the same looking yellow guppies myself!).

Superme888

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the first pic, they could be pregnant but they could also be bloated and constipated, it happens sometimes with overfeeding and stuff. The second pic, the blue ones do look pregnant.
(This is crazy, I have almost the same looking yellow guppies myself!).
lol, that's pretty neat! Do you know how far along my guppies are?

Somthingfishy01

Valued Member
Reaction score
lol, that's pretty neat! Do you know how far along my guppies are?
Hmm...no idea really, kind of hard to tell from the pic exactly when, if their belly is almost squared off then it should happen pretty soon like maybe in a few days or less but you will know it when you see them, it might look like they ate a tiny square cardboard box

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The dark ones seem to be pregnant but probably still some time left before any fry wil be born. But I do have to say that sometimes a small number of fry may be born a bit earlier than expected. In that case, a female doesn't have to be that fat to let some fry go. In general, all embryos during the pregnancy with ovoviviparous livebearers (with the exception of superfetative ones) will develop at the same pace but sometimes there are embryos that will develop faster than the others and will be released earlier without the female being that fat at that particular moment.

Superme888

Reaction score
I have seen many pictures and video of "Square off" guppies but I believe this is their first pregnancy. Will they be as square off as normal?
I know my yellow guppies don't have a dark gravid spot but I've read that it is possible if they carry blue eye fries. Do you know if this is true?

Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 10 35.7%

Top Bottom