Are my guppies pregnant? Thanks

Kelseam

I just adopted these about a week ago and wanted to ask if anyone is able to tell if either of them are pregnant. Thank you.

Attachments

• 63B0BB87-FB8B-4227-A994-30CC27A7AE52.jpeg
    63B0BB87-FB8B-4227-A994-30CC27A7AE52.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DB73EF01-E566-4C5C-8A3D-28888BA82AB6.jpeg
    DB73EF01-E566-4C5C-8A3D-28888BA82AB6.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 15
  • ED4CC180-61F6-40DE-BFBC-179D405E157A.png
    ED4CC180-61F6-40DE-BFBC-179D405E157A.png
    748.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 949C6945-9FB2-4FC7-A84D-B8360D1FBEF2.png
    949C6945-9FB2-4FC7-A84D-B8360D1FBEF2.png
    683.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 06E8A0B3-934C-4880-83C0-013DE30BE765.png
    06E8A0B3-934C-4880-83C0-013DE30BE765.png
    856 KB · Views: 16

nj278

Yes, they both look pregnant to me. Both of them (especially the white one) look like they may drop in the next few days as they look somewhat squared off, though it is hard to tell from the angle! Google squared off guppy if you're not sure what I mean and maybe you can check for yourself.

BassaraAhara

I just adopted these about a week ago and wanted to ask if anyone is able to tell if either of them are pregnant. Thank you.
Yup! I actually have the same breeds (and the same question) about mine. Square/boxy belly, dark gravid spot, heavy breathing. Your white one really looks like she's about to pop (as mentioned above) so putting her in a breeding box is highly recommended.

Kelseam

thank you! I thought she was, but wasn’t sure and didn’t want to put her in the breeder box too soon and stress her out. Goodluck with yours!
Yes, they both look pregnant to me. Both of them (especially the white one) look like they may drop in the next few days as they look somewhat squared off, though it is hard to tell from the angle! Google squared off guppy if you're not sure what I mean and maybe you can check for yourself.
Thank you!

BassaraAhara

thank you! I thought she was, but wasn’t sure and didn’t want to put her in the breeder box too soon and stress her out. Goodluck with yours!
No problemo, mine isn't too ready for the breeder box just yet but she will be in a few days, maybe a week. I'll do my best, update me when one of them has fry!

emeraldking

Just the blonde one is pregnant. The white one is a just well chested male.
Yup! I actually have the same breeds (and the same question) about mine. Square/boxy belly, dark gravid spot, heavy breathing. Your white one really looks like she's about to pop (as mentioned above) so putting her in a breeding box is highly recommended.
The white one can not be pregnant for that one is a male.

BassaraAhara

Dang, for real? He looks pregnant, and I can't see a gonopodium.. :eek: dude has a major fish beer belly

Kelseam

Wow really. I was wondering that because the white one has no gravid spot. My other male fish chases the white one constantly so I thought it was a female. Thanks for letting me know!

BassaraAhara

Wow really. I was wondering that because the white one has no gravid spot. My other male fish chases the white one constantly so I thought it was a female. Thanks for letting me know!
Oh my God, I JUST NOTICED THAT- Well let us know when the blondie has babies!

emeraldking

Dang, for real? He looks pregnant, and I can't see a gonopodium.. :eek: dude has a major fish beer belly
It seems a late male. From the picture it looks like the analfin starts to become pointy. But this is just well chested male snow white guppy. Females of this particular strain are light blonde with some white in the caudal.
It seems that the analfin hasn't developed properly yet into a gonopodium. But yes, it's definitely a snow white male. That's how this strain is called. Some may call this strain moscow white or white platinum.
A dominant male will chase also submissive males. That's a normal thing.

Kelseam

It seems a late male. From the picture it looks like the analfin starts to become pointy. But this is just well chested male snow white guppy. Females of this particular strain are light blonde with some white in the caudal.

It seems that the analfin hasn't developed properly yet into a gonopodium. But yes, it's definitely a snow white male. That's how this strain is called. Some may call this strain moscow white or white platinum.
A dominant male will chase also submissive males. That's a normal thing.
Thank you so much for all the helpful info!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies
Views
CryoraptorA303
  • JessicaB21
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
ThePetPavilion