Are my guppies are pregnant or not?

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
and how long they might take, coz i need to know when i can put them seperately. Any additional advice on what i should notice is very welcome.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You should notice a very dark spot near the analfin on the inside of the female. If they are pregnant, CONGRATS.
Tom

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If an adult female guppy is housed in the same aquarium as an adult male guppy, she is pregant.

Dino

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dino. But i really want to know from the pictures is, do they look like having fry's soon. When should i shift them to a seperate tank.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
From the looks of the picture, it looks like you should have fry in about 3 weeks, if the temperature is 72F or higher.

Dino

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks so much, could you please advice how i can get prepared for that, what are things i should buy and have handy.

Eskielvr

Valued Member
Reaction score
For starters, I'd buy something along the lines as one of these

The one I had I got at Walmart and it was made of green netting, like a fish net, only shaped like a box. I had to manually transfer the fry from the tank to that though. The good thing about this one is the fry drop down to the bottom away from the mother.

That and some food for baby fry and that should be all you'd need. I feed mine in their little "nursery" until they were big enough to be released in the main tank with the others.

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi, the yellow female in the above picture is not been eating for past 1 day. Even if i feed, it does not. I stays at bottom near heater or plants. For now i have put in 2 way breeder.I am not sure if she is sick or going to deliver fry. Please let me know soon.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most guppies will not eat the day or so before they drop fry.

Dino

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
may be she not going to drop fry, may be she is sick. It has been two days now since she ate anything, also she in breeder now. sometimes she stays at one place for long time. some times he bottom portion is inside the V and head up. any idea.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know what's wrong with her but I'v found putting my females in a breeder box/net stresses them out because of the small space :-\

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
any babies yet? can we have an update please? hope all is well

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom