Are My Black Loaches Crazy?

Nikki Tognetti

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok I have a 29 gal. Temp is 77. It is Cycle and healthy. Water change will be done on Saturday like usual. I have 7 guppies, 4 panda corys and two black loaches. Now, all is right with my tank world except for the 2 crazy behaving loaches... Or at least I think they are crazy. I read that they are nocturnal easy-going fish. Mine however are very, very active both day and I assume night. They are literally going around in fast-paced circles against the walls of my tank. The other fish couldn't care less except for one cory who likes to join in on the insanity. They only stop to eat which they are doing regularly. But the constant circling up the cross the walls has me worried. Is this normal behavior or is there something wrong with my system that the water tests do not pick up? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They're likely a little stressed from being in such a small group - they really should be in larger groups of their own species (and so should the cories, but you don't have room for both species, so I'd rehome one of them and add more of the other).

I'd lower your temps - 75 F would be better for the cories and the kuhlis, and the guppies will be just fine

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lol it certainly sounds like loaches! But at least you can verify via their behavior that they ARE healthy...and a bit zany heh Sometimes Corys are that way too, FYI...yeah, get a few more, then they'll end up being a big, wild group going all nutso heh...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom