Are my African Dwarf Frogs Mating

kdwyer

Reaction score
I noticed my two african dwarf frogs have been in the top corner of my tank one on top of the other for the past two nights. i’m not sure if they’re male or female but it’s this a possibility of mating?

Salem

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mating in ADFs typically and usually involves them making some noises as well. If that describes what you're seeing then yeah they're probably trying to mate.

Your profile says you don't know about the nitrogen cycle- if this is true you'll want to look further into that because it's the most important thing when it comes to keeping aquatic pets.

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
Salem said:
Mating in ADFs typically and usually involves them making some noises as well. If that describes what you're seeing then yeah they're probably trying to mate.

Your profile says you don't know about the nitrogen cycle- if this is true you'll want to look further into that because it's the most important thing when it comes to keeping aquatic pets.
1+ on learning the nitrogen cycle as little tadpoles running around will certainly increase the bioload immensely and immediately.

Kjeldsen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've never seen them stay at the top like that. Usually they'll swim to the top just long enough to lay a few eggs, flip over, and back down again. The process is repeated until she's out of eggs. It can take hours and looks exhausting,
but two nights in the same spot isn't normal, in my experience. I would check for any any ammonia in the water and do a water change.

New Threads