Are Mollies Bullies?

Richie4463

I have 5 Neon tetras and 2 Platys (was originally 5, but lost 3) also 4 Mollys, 1 male, 3 female, 1 Gold nugget pleco and 6 Corydoras catfish. The male molly is very aggressive at feeding time, he will chase any other fish away from the food except the Cory's (they fight back) Today I noticed that one of my tetras is missing part of it's tail fin. Could this have been my molly being a bully? If so, should I put him in another tank away from the others or leave him where he is???

FishFor2018

What genders are the platys?

Richie4463

The 2 I have left are both females, I lost a male and 2 other females a while ago

Pescado_Verde

My male molly is a pig and will try to push others out of the way at feeding time but he's not aggressive. He'll also give way when someone else is feeling their oats, like one of the Gouramis. It goes back and forth with the larger fish I have but pretty much only at feeding time. Nobody has had anything chewed off though.

FishFor2018

Since the male molly has enough females and is still being mean I would separate him for 2 weeks then re introduce him and go from there. For the fish with the ripped tail daily water changes will help it heal.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• squish123
  • Molly
Replies
Views
AquaticQueen
  • Question
  • LG2fishtanks
  • Molly
Replies
Views
LG2fishtanks