Are girls more active than males??

Fishies-for-me
I have 2 male bettas...one is very laid back and drapes himself around the plants of the tank and just hangs out. He is healthy and happy. The other is always cruising the tank and challenging his reflection...again happy and healthy..the little girl I got never stops...she is swimming all the time. She is a walmart rescue from a cup of very dirty water and is the healthiest of all . I wonder if the more we baby them the more we take away their resistance. That is not to say they should be neglected...I baby all of my fish but it seems the more I baby them the more problems I have. ( Angels with ich right now) Anyhow my ?? is...are females usually more active than the males or is it just individual personalities? She also isn't as people oriented as the males but that could be that I havn't had her long yet .

Shawnie
I think all bettas are different and that's why they are so special...I LOVE THAT PIC!! the eyes are priceless!

Barbrella
My girlie bettas always act like they just drank 12 cups of espresso!

They're maniacs, but of course they don't have those long, heavy fins to weigh them down.

Your yellow betta is just gorgeous!

Fishies-for-me
My male with the very heavy tail is the very quiet one that just drapes himself around the tank...when he swims you can see that the tail is heavy and he has to work at it...The crowntail is the one that is more active as his tail has so much less mass than the other...I like the way you put it about espresso ...lol...that's what she looks like..she is on a caffeine high , and thank you both .

Martinismommy
She is just precious! I've never had a girl so I don't know but all 7 of my boys have different personalities....I LOVE her little face!

Allie
OMG the eyes!! My females were more active yes. I think it's due to less finnage. My Felix is much more active than the rest...he is a delta tail.

shellbell4ever
She is a beauty
I also agree... my girls are always on the run it seems! and the boys they just love to make me worry like when I find them hanging out head first in their amazon sword plants (LOL)or chillin behind the heater Bad Bad Boys !!

Shawnie
well us girlies gotta get everything done to take care of the boys ;D

laundry, dishes, grocery shopping ... etc LOL

no wonder we are crazy!

COBettaCouple
Overall, females do tend to be more active, smarter, more curious and more aggressive with eating. A lot of them do seem to have a bit of an independent streak in them, but they still love attention as much as males.. they just like it more on their terms.

Shawnie
Overall, females do tend to be more active, smarter, more curious and more aggressive with eating. A lot of them do seem to have a bit of an independent streak in them, but they still love attention as much as males.. they just like it more on their terms.

what a well trained male!

chickadee
They like the males have different personalities in each fish, some are very dependent and want constant attention and cooing over and others want to be left to their own devices. But they all will come around for food time. She will probably get closer to you as she gets to know you but she will always be different than the males. She will be more active and busy and will entertain herself much more than the males. She will probably appreciate a toy but will not be as dependent on many toys than the males are. She will find her own activities in the tank and probably will not want to be bothered with tank mates. They are more confrontational than males in spite of what you may have heard. They tend to be more violent to tank mates when you get one that does not allow friends with them. Males are more tolerant. When a female does not like something she will not put up with it at all. She will let you know in no uncertain terms that she is not a happy woman. But when she is happy she will be a real lover. They are just more extreme in their actions and wants. But they are darling and can be very lovely companions. They love us and love companionship but want it on their terms as was stated before.

Rose

She is a very lovely little lady. What is her name?

BipBop
Some days I'm afraid my betta girls are gonna jump out of their skins, they're so hyper. They're NUTS.

Tazmiche
How do you resist not picking her up and planting a big kiss on that dream of a face????!!!!! ok I know.....the result would be her downfall but OMG such a mush ( face in english)

Of all my pets past and the babes I love now the females are ALWAYS the fiesty ones.

I own a mare horse, you either love mares or hate them. Females of any species are like female humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once you accept that you will be ok. Own mind, own will, in MY own time and if i'm not happy with all 'go away'!!!!!!!

Tazmiche
Some days I'm afraid my betta girls are gonna jump out of their skins, they're so hyper. They're NUTS.

HAHA aren't they great!!!

Fishies-for-me
She is a very lovely little lady. What is her name?

her name is crystal

COBettaCouple
How true, Rose! KairI was the most independent Betta that we've ever had, although Chloe shows some of that independence too. Angel is our little queen who pouts and lets me know when she isn't happy with something, Sweetie lives up to her name and is a total sponge for attention.

She will let you know in no uncertain terms that she is not a happy woman. But when she is happy she will be a real lover. They are just more extreme in their actions and wants. But they are darling and can be very lovely companions. They love us and love companionship but want it on their terms as was stated before.

Fishies-for-me
You know she is so tiny it is hard to see her true beauty...I didn't notice the yellow eyes ( with a speck of blue ) or her golden colour until I got a close up pic of her. She also has a pretty little blue edging to her bottom fin that you can't see unless you get the right angle on the shot....That face was a ..." where is my after breakfast snack , can't you see I am starving and wasting away in front of your eyes " face...lol

Blub
Wow - that pic is so cool!

chickadee
She has a touch of cellophane in her fins that is what the blue tinge is when the light hits just right. She will have a kind of opalescent glow to her fins. They will be gorgeous as they get a bit bigger and as the light hits them they will glow like a soap bubble when the light hits it. Cellophane fins can be very lovely with the different colors of the light hitting them. Sometimes as the little ones get older then the cellophane will start to turn colors like a deep red and you will lose the iridescent color but enjoy it while you have it. It is special.

Rose

COBettaCouple
LOL.. I love that look. ;D
That face was a ..." where is my after breakfast snack , can't you see I am starving and wasting away in front of your eyes " face...lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sinned4g63
Replies
Views
CanadianFishFan
Replies
Views
fishtroy
Replies
Views