Question Are Fluvial Bug Bites flakes good for fish fries?

AlexW9102

Reaction score
I have 3 Glofish tetras, and 2 mollies which I feel Fluvial Bug Bites tropical fish flakes. It says that it is high in protein and essential vitamins and other nutrients, and my fish love it. Just yesterday, my molly female had babies and I took the usual steps to taking care of them. I moved them to a separate container so the other fish won't eat them and keeping a close eye on water temperature and quality and making sure they have light. Since the Bug Bites fish food is the only one I have and it seems great for fish in general, is it recommended that I feed it to the fries, too? Or should I get special fish fry food the next time I make a trip to the pet supply store?

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Frys do well on protein if they can eat it; but the molly really needs a lot of greens. Quite possible she gets it from the algae if your tank has some algae.

OP
A

AlexW9102

Reaction score
I have a small marimo ball which I placed inside the container with them since they help with nitrates. I'm not sure if that counts as algae, but I also took the water from the 15 gallon tank they were born in that I think has some form of algae.

New Threads