Are Fluval Bug Bites Spirulina Flakes Any Good?

UnknownGuppyLover

Just got some of this food and I saw that the first ingredient was spirulina. Wanted to feed these to my guppies. Has anyone tried these and are they any good?

StarGirl

In a rotation of other kinds of foods yes. I feed mine this once in awhile. Some of the fish don't like it though.

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

I use them for my main cichlid tank to get some greenery in their diet. Fish enjoy them and the flakes stay a reasonable size in the tub rather than breaking down into dust which has happened with other spirulina based flakes i have used in the past.

Fluval used to make another type of spirulina flake a few years ago but it doesnt look like they make it anymore (assume bug bites replaced it). Bug bites is better quality than that in my opinion.

Upvote 0

UnknownGuppyLover

I use them for my main cichlid tank to get some greenery in their diet. Fish enjoy them and the flakes stay a reasonable size in the tub rather than breaking down into dust which has happened with other spirulina based flakes i have used in the past.

Fluval used to make another type of spirulina flake a few years ago but it doesnt look like they make it anymore (assume bug bites replaced it). Bug bites is better quality than that in my opinion.
Do you use this as a main food?
In a rotation of other kinds of foods yes. I feed mine this once in awhile. Some of the fish don't like it though.
What other kinds of foods should I rotate with. Currently right now I feed freeze dried bloodworms once to twice a week and then they have there normal pellets.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

What other kinds of foods should I rotate with. Currently right now I feed freeze dried bloodworms once to twice a week and then they have there normal pellets.
I rotate bug bite flakes, micro granules, spirulina, frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp and Daphnia mostly.

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

No, i use tetramin flakes as a staple with a very small pinch of the bug bites every other day or so. Various frozen foods as well to keep things mixed up for them.

Upvote 0

UnknownGuppyLover

I rotate bug bite flakes, micro granules, spirulina, frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp and Daphnia mostly.
For the spirulina do you feed them as tablets or powder? I really wanted to feed just organic spirulina but I thought these flakes would be enough.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Bottom line, if your fish don't eat it, doesn't do any good. Kinda gotta try different things. Most of my fish tend to not be too picky, but even the best quality foods go to waste if the fish just don't like it.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

For the spirulina do you feed them as tablets or powder? I really wanted to feed just organic spirulina but I thought these flakes would be enough.
I have the bug bite flakes. If they eat it it will be fine if you feed other foods also.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
peachsonas
Replies
Views
Yeoy
  • Question
Replies
Views