Are flower pots safe for my sw tank?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by lanlesnee, Apr 11, 2010.

1. lanlesneeWell Known MemberMember

I've been using the same pots in my fw tanks for awhile without problems, but are these same pots safe for a marine tank?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks

2. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Hello lanlesnee,

I'm not a salt tank keeper, but I do keep terracotta pots in my freshwater tanks. As long as the pots are not painted or glazed in any way I don't see what harm it could do. However, as I said I don't have salt tank experience so let's get more responses from Salt members before you decide to add them. I'm anxious to see the responses too! I don't know if the actual salt would break down the pots or not. hmmm??? good question!

Anytime you have concerns about your fish and tanks, it's never a dumb question! :)

Ken

3. lorabellWell Known MemberMember

Good question.....I also use pots in some of mine FW.......most salt keepers i know use pvc pipes and pieces in their tanks.....never seen use of pots......

4. zeddyValued MemberMember

im a sw keeper i dont see much of a problam exept they will build up with coraline and stuff but shouldnt hurt the tank

5. ViridiosExoticsValued MemberMember

6. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

lol...adorable Clowns in the video!
    Thanks for posting it!
    Ken

7. lorabellWell Known MemberMember

Yippee!!!!!! Once AGAIN ...I learn something from FL!!!!!!!!!!

8. ViridiosExoticsValued MemberMember

NO problem!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice