Are Fish Okay In A Polystyrene Box?

ParrotCichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bought 5 goldfish to use as feeders for my piranhas but they didn't eat them. So i was kind of stuck with 5 goldfish.

I put them in a large filtered polystyrene box just as i didn't have much else to put them in.

Is polystyrene fish toxic or anything? Noticed its bubbling a little from the base but that might just be air bubbles.

Before i get any comments from the goldfish police please understand that this was a relatively urgent attenpt at a solution to occupy my piranhas from attacking each other.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I believe that's fine I used to do that when transporting fish.
The bubbles are the same thing as the bubbles you see when you first set up an aquarium.

ParrotCichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Fanatic said:
I believe that's fine I used to do that when transporting fish.
The bubbles are the same thing as the bubbles you see when you first set up an aquarium.
Thank you i thought it would be alright but wanted to make sure.

Its bad though because now I'm kind of getting attached to these goldfish. If only the **** piranhas would have eaten them!

As a last resort even tried with my buttikoferi but he was being awkward and wouldn't either.

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah, I don’t think piranhas are as aggressive as they’re made out to be. A long time ago, I had one living with a goldfish for years. Actually if I recall, the goldfish was a bit of a bully. Some would find their coexistance cute, then one day I found the goldfish dead and hollowed out.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom