Are Corydoras Hardy Enough To Live With A School Of Tiger Barbs???

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Aqua'rd_FishKeeper, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Aqua'rd_FishKeeperValued MemberMember

i have 15 tiger barbs in a 55. can i add a school of 15 albino cory cats? wondering if the corys are hardy enough to live with tiger barbs. also how do tiger barbs and otocinclus do together?

2. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Hi, first off I have to say I haven't kept tigers but imo corys wouldn’t be a suitable tank mate for them.
    As much as I love them, corys aren’t the smartest fish in the tank & are sitting targets for any aggression, I have seen tiger barbs rip every fin off them.
    Others who have kept them together may have different views so hang on for second opinions

3. Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

I love my albino corys. Truly do. But they are definitely not the brightest things going. I’ve got on little guy that will let anybody chase him from food. Even guppy fry. Teeny tiny fry! I’d have to keep them away from anybody even remotely territorial. Or greedy. Or maybe a larger school will make the difference. Hmmm..., keep us posted. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice