Are cherry barbs suitable

• Thread starter michaelsf90
  • Start date

michaelsf90

A while ago I purchased some odessa barbs. My tank was stocked with 10 danios, 4 peppered Cory's, a couple of nerite snails and 6 odessa barbs. The odessas hounded my Cory's! So I took them back. Now I'm under the impression cherry barbs are the most peaceful

Would it be a risk. I now have 6 Cory's. I'm not restocking the danios once they die so would the barbs be a good idea. Its either them or I really love harlequin rasboras or rummy nose tetras

RomanNoodles96

Well Known
michaelsf90 said:
A while ago I purchased some odessa barbs. My tank was stocked with 10 danios, 4 peppered Cory's, a couple of nerite snails and 6 odessa barbs. The odessas hounded my Cory's! So I took them back. Now I'm under the impression cherry barbs are the most peaceful

Would it be a risk. I now have 6 Cory's. I'm not restocking the danios once they die so would the barbs be a good idea. Its either them or I really love harlequin rasboras or rummy nose tetras
Well it really comes down to the fish's personality. There are reports of people housing cherry barbs with long finned fish like guppies, but then there are reports of people losing all their platys to cherry barbs. It may work, and if you go for it I would have a backup tank setup and buy a decently sized school of them so they keep the "playing" to themselves.

Harlequin rasboras are also hardy, but I've heard rummy nose tetras are not so much. I would personally go with Harlequin's but its up to you really.

Top Bottom